cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asl0329
Viewer

All my CPEs (A&B) after APR 2018 got completely DELETED from the new CPE Portal

Hello,

I had hundreds of credits from my masters course and personal BrightTalk presentations that got deleted from the new CPE portal (everything that I entered after APR 2018).  Do you have a backup of my CPE information that you are planning to upload back to the portal.....or do I have to REDO everything AGAIN?

7 Replies
Shannon
Community Champion

@asl0329, I trust you've retained proof of your CPE points; if not, attempt to obtain these --- certificates & the like --- from the different sites where you took the courses.

It's also important that you maintain your own record to track the CPEs. (All these tips were  provided in other posts; you'll just have to do a search here)

Anyway, if you do, contact membersupport@isc2.org, 1st asking them to send your CPE record. If this has the information, simply tell them nothing shows in the portal, and they'll restore it. Otherwise, describe what's happened, and facilitate the necessary proof.

If all goes well, they'll restore the CPE credits, but if you don't get a satisfactory response from them --- as has been the case for many --- then reach out to one of the moderators here, such as @Kaity or @amandavanceISC2 via private email & provide them with all the needed information.

Long as you've got proof, you certainly shouldn't have to redo it all --- unless (ISC)2 can somehow take you back in time...

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
JC13
Viewer II

I had a similar issue with my CPEs. I tried several times to add CPEs but the new site is so clunky. Today, I just found out I'm not longer certified although I paid my membership and certification dues. Is there anyone who can help me with this?

Joel Carino

joelcarino@gmail.com

dcontesti
Community Champion

@JC13 We should refer this one to @Samantha_O  or @amandavanceISC2  to be sent to correct internal department.

denbesten
Community Champion

@asl0329 wrote:

Do you have a backup ... that you are planning to upload...?

I concur with @Shannon and  @dcontesti that reaching out to member services should be your first course of action.  My CPEs are still there, so we know there to not be a system-wide loss.  The implication being that you can't count on somebody already being on it.    

One common cause of a similar symptom is that old CPEs are moved to the "previous transcript" each time you hit the end of a three year cycle, but that would affect CPEs before (not after) the date.

If you do need to reenter, keep in mind that one entry can contain up to 40 hours. So you could get by with summarizing into as few as 3 entries.  The downside being that if that entry happens to be selected for audit, there will be much more evidence to dig up.   This comes up often with conferences, where one likely submits one entry for the entire conference and keeps a list of the sessions attended as evidence.

Also, there is little point in documenting much more than 120 CPEs (or 160 if the end of your cycle is near), because you only get credit for 120.

mgorman
Contributor II

While I understand that keeping good records is always a good plan, and I do so, where is the backup policy, to maintain Availability, for the organization that certifies all of us to maintain AVAILABILITY!?  Software bugs always happen, no worries there, but to lose something so critical to the mission of the organization, and rely on the members to piece it back together because you can't be bothered to have it backed up properly, etc. is ridiculous.  ISC2 should be ashamed of itself.

Shannon
Community Champion

@mgorman wrote:

While I understand that keeping good records is always a good plan, and I do so, where is the backup policy, to maintain Availability, for the organization that certifies all of us to maintain AVAILABILITY!?  Software bugs always happen, no worries there, but to lose something so critical to the mission of the organization, and rely on the members to piece it back together because you can't be bothered to have it backed up properly, etc. is ridiculous.  ISC2 should be ashamed of itself.

You're absolutely right, (ISC)2 should facilitate all this. Alas, we can't bank on them being at their best --- which they definitely aren't ATM, to put it mildly! --- and have to take measures to cover our backs too.

membersupport@isc2.org is lacking in availability; thankfully the moderators here attempt to compensate for that. Assuming (ISC)2 isn't doing any kind of 'monitoring,' it's ultimately our responsibility to notify them about issues we face --- and hope their backup will cater to fixing these.

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
amandavanceISC2

@asl0329 Thank you for your email. As others have mentioned, please email me directly at avance@isc2.org with your primary email address on file as well as your member number and I will look into your account. Please note, we have not had a case where CPEs just disappear from a members account. The likely situation is you may be past your expiration date which means you can't see anything past that. Once I receive your email, I will look into it and let you know right away.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance