Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shannon
Community Champion

Add your BrightTalk CPEs manually --- you won't be audited!

As we know, the CPEs for BrightTalk webinars are supposed to get credited automatically, so long as the viewer's (ISC)2 member ID has been properly registered with BrightTalk.com.

In the past, BrightTalk moderators would state that webinar CPEs could be expected within about 5 - 8 business days, and instruct viewers to contact membersupportemea@isc2.org if these were't credited within that time.

Apparently things have changed...

Webinar CPEs - 20190813.png

In the webinar I watched today --- How to Prevent Breaches with Phishing Threat Intelligence from June 2019 --- the moderator explained that technical issues are being experienced, and said that if the CPEs aren't credited automatically after the usual period, viewers can proceed to add them manually --- & won't be audited for this!

When I heard that, I experienced a strange feeling --- a blend of frustration and relief... Man LOL

(Of course, to be on the safe side, you should take precautions when adding the CPEs manually)

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
11 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

Try answering "no" to "Was this CPE offered by (ISC)²?", even if was.  For more details about how to enter a CPE successfully, see this post.

The CPE portal is being rewritten.

sgermano
Newcomer I

I have tried so many different ways to upload my CPE's  ISC2 is doing everything they can to not accept them and make this as difficult as possible for me.  While others have no problems and I have actually emailed the certificates directly to the members support and have spoken to the ISC2 support members who verified that they had their eyes on my certificate after I emailed them and they STILL FAILED to credit me with the CPE, I think there is a pretty strong indication that this is being done by ISC2 to retaliate against me for complaining about their broken CPE process.