Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isc2jade
Community Manager

Welcome to the (ISC)² Melbourne Chapter Group Hub!

This group hub has been designated for (ISC)² Melbourne Chapter members to be able to connect, communicate and collaborate with one another. Feel free to post ideas, share insights, and exchange any resources that will be beneficial to the chapter. There are four different potential areas based on your chapter’s preferences where you can post:

• Discussion Forum – communicate and collaborate on a variety of topics of interest 
  • Blog – review and publish news and insights
  • Knowledge Base – store and share valuable information or data
  • Idea Exchange – post and comment on various ideas and suggestions

Please note the (ISC)² Community Guidelines apply to this group hub. Please observe the rules and guidelines accordingly. If you have any questions, contact chapters@isc2.org.

Jayda Shriver
Volunteer & Member Engagement Manager
28 Replies
_Michal
Newcomer I

Hi @ManojC,

thank you for your message. I think it is a good idea to start a new chapter if this one is not operational. I do not have this kind of experience. However, it is never too late to learn something new.

Where are you based? I am thinking if Australia is so small for ISC2 members, we could contemplate to have an Australian Chapter instead of city or state based chapters perhaps?

Talk to you soon.

@_Michal 

ManojC
Newcomer II

Hi @_Michal ,

It is easier that you think. The biggest hurdle is usually taking the first step. Resources like www.meetup.com can really help.

I've reached out to some of the others who've posted in this group. And depending on how many of them respond we could have an informal meeting this weekend (or the next) over Teams/Zoom/WebEx just to introduce ourselves. Hopefully, that will get the ball rolling.

I am based in Melbourne. And the idea of an Australian Chapter make perfect sense, given our population density.

Can you make time for a quick chat some time this weekend? (Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes)

-Manoj.C

_Michal
Newcomer I

Hi @ManojC,

we could have a chat this weekend. Let me know what date/time would suit you.

Michal

ManojC
Newcomer II

Hi @_Michal ,

I can do 5.30PM on Friday the 23rd of February 2024 or sometime after 10.15 AM Saturday 24th. You can reach me at 0488335161.

BTW, further research tells me that there is a WA Chapter and they also seem to very active. So we should perhaps stand up an East Coast Chapter and try to co-ordinate our activities with them as much as possible.

-Manoj.C

ManojC
Newcomer II

Hi everyone,

If you are looking to sign up or find more information about the Melbourne Chapter, please proceed to it's LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/isc-2-melbourne-chapter/.

-Manoj.C

vinylshetty
Newcomer I

Yes, I am . looking to revive this chapter . have some ideas

vinylshetty
Newcomer I

there was one in 2018 oct , nov . I met Tony Vizza and others there 

paulmcd
Newcomer I

Hi, yes I am a member of the Melbourne Chapter but have never been to an event as I have never received an invite. Do we know who runs this chapter? I don't mind taking it over as I know a good few CISSP qualified professionals who I am already talking to on a private level.

Paul

paulmcd
Newcomer I

It seems like whoever was running this chapter is not available for some reason. I am going to assume charge of the Melbourne Chapter until I hear from the owner of this one. If you know any-one in Melbourne that wants to join, please connect with me on linked-in and DM me.

Thanks

Paul

Paul McDonogh | LinkedIn

paulmcd
Newcomer I

It seems like whoever was running this chapter is not available for some reason. I am going to assume charge of the Melbourne Chapter until I hear from the owner of this one. If you know any-one in Melbourne that wants to join, please connect with me on linked-in and DM me.

Thanks

Paul

Paul McDonogh | LinkedIn