Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraginS
Defender I

iPhone Security Research Resources

Just spotted news articles on deep research resources for iPhone security inspection and testing. Sharing them here because I had not been aware from broader news sources, and could be helpful for our deep tech colleagues. 

1. July 2020 Apple announced their new Apple Security Research Device Program and opened it up for applications. For approved researchers, Apple will send them a specially configured iPhone allowing them to hack into the devices to conduct security research, reporting findings back for the company's bounty program. And just reported is that shipping of the first set of SRD iPhones began shortly before Christmas. 

2. The security startup company Corellium just won a court ruling that they are not violating Apple's IP rights by providing a browser-based virtual iPhone suitable for hacking and testing. The company had argued that they had legally set up a fair use situation, and the judge's ruling was pretty strong. Still open in the court is Apple's contention that Correllium has violated the DMCA in setting up their software. 

Happy Hacking & Happy New Year!

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
0 Replies