cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Influencer I

Streaming Uber ...

You might want to be careful what you say on an Uber ride in St. Louis ...


............
This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Streaming Uber ...

I assume that Uber suspended him solely for the embarrassment of getting caught and publicized. His actions are fully in line with the low-to-nonexistent level of ethics and morality found in the Uber founder, management, computer programming staff, and overall corporate culture. 

 

Note the blitz of "we promise, NOW you can trust us" adverts spewing out from the new Uber president.  I have no more reason to believe him and those ads than the similar ones coming from Wells Fargo.

 

 

 

Dr. D. Cragin Shelton, CISSP (D-2)
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
https://CraginS.blogspot.com/
My Community Profile
My LinkedIn Profile
href="Not Passing a Cert Exam is Not the Same as Failing" target="new";;https://cragins.blogspot.com/2018/08/pass-rates-for-professional-exams.html
Highlighted
Newcomer III

Re: Streaming Uber ...

Setting aside the one-party recording laws, the stickers in the car that allegedly informed the passengers they were being recorded, and the probability that a cab (by any other name) has little to no expectation of privacy, this was creepy.   The article I read said the guy frequently worked the college areas at night because that's what drove his subscriptions.    On one hand, I can applaud the idea of making money, but on the other hand I dislike the reality shows on cable TV for the last 10-15 years which are only marginally above what he was doing.

 

 

Highlighted
Influencer I

Re: Streaming Uber ...

> CraginS (Newcomer III) posted a new reply in Industry News on 07-22-2018 03:32 PM in the (ISC)² Community :

> I assume that Uber suspended him solely for the embarrassment of getting
> caught and publicized.

Probably. An Uber spokescritter, while announcing the suspension, was also quick
to point out that, Missouri being a "one party consent" state, the streaming was,
technically, legal ...

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/07/uber-lyft-driver-booted-after-
newspaper-reveals-he-was-livestreaming-passengers/

====================== (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade@vcn.bc.ca slade@victoria.tc.ca rslade@computercrime.org
I want everybody to be smart. As smart as they *can* be. A world
of ignorant people is too dangerous to live in. - Garson Kanio
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade

............
This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468
Highlighted
Influencer I

Re: Streaming Uber ...

> cindelicato (Newcomer I) posted a new reply in Industry News on 07-23-2018 08:54

> On one hand, I can
> applaud the idea of making money, but on the other hand I dislike the reality
> shows on cable TV for the last 10-15 years which are only marginally above what
> he was doing.

Reality shows have little to do with reality ...

====================== (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade@vcn.bc.ca slade@victoria.tc.ca rslade@computercrime.org
Pay no attention to what the critics say; there has never been
set up a statue in honor of a critic. - Jean Sibelius
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade

............
This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468