Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AppDefects
Community Champion

RSA Conference Coronavirus Scare

The coronavirus is not only scaring away RSA Conference sponsors next week, but also 10's of thousands of conference goers. These sponsors are protecting the health of their employees. What does that say about organizations who don't? You won't see me there or on any airplane for the next few months. I'm taking this virus seriously as should you.

3 Replies
AppDefects
Community Champion

Verizon and AT&T will be siting the conference alongside IBM. That is how important protecting employee is. Read the official RSA Conference Novel Coronavirus Update bulletin here. They are updating it in real-time. No need to guess why.

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

HI @AppDefects   Well I can tell you that IBM has withdrawn from RSA this year (despite some derision) due to the growing situation.  Cisco conferences have been curtailed, and by the look of it, it has spread into South Korea, Iran and India, I do not think this is simply going to go away.   What particularly concerns me is the Pacific Islands - Australia and New Zealand are corridors to these islands - after the recent Measles situation - a lot of people were not immunised at the time.   They simply do not have the most up to date facilities, should any of these Islanders contract this human virus. 

The level of preparation and level of protection is very low indeed.

Travel notifications are portraying a very difficult time ahead at the present time.

Regards

Caute_cautim

AppDefects
Community Champion

Sadly RSA did get the them right this year. "Human Element" "Catch the Excitement" RSA persisted though to make a buck. Sad corporate greed. Read the damage control here on the outbreak.