Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
judoal
Newcomer I

Public cyber security presentation

I've been developing a presentation for public consumption on cyber security self defense.  Here is the announcement of the presentation.   Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 9.09.59 AM.png

2 Replies
MarcinJkt
Newcomer I

Seems like an interesting topic - kind of like customer approach to IoT connectivity. I firmly believe this area indeed requires much more attention than what it is given currently.

We have touched the similar topic from a slightly different angle - we believe that manufacturers of the devices with connectivity capability should grade their products in a similar way white-goods are graded for energy consumption; this would allow customers to make an informed decision about the use cases and other controls they should be mindful of when using given device.

Our approach is presented shortly on our webpage. Do you have full slides from you presentation to share as well?

judoal
Newcomer I

I do have slides.   The presentation went well.  A group of about 10-12 people showed up.  The questions were indicative of a literacy problem and taking internet access for granted.  Afterward an elderly woman told me about a scam that cost her several hundred dollars.