cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

Poland spending $760 million on cybersecurity after attack

Hi All

Visitors to the Polish Press Agency (PAP) website on May 31 at 2 p.m. Polish time were met with an unusual message. Instead of the typical daily news, the state-run newspaper had supposedly published a story announcing that a partial mobilization, which means calling up specific people to serve in the armed forces, was ordered by Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk beginning on July 1, 2024.

Deputy Prime Minister Krzysztof Gawkowski refuted the claim on X (formerly Twitter). His post read: “The message [from] @PAPinformacje regarding partial mobilization is false. We have started urgently investigating the matter. Everything points to a cyberattack and planned disinformation! I will keep you updated on further arrangements.”

After this cyberattack, Poland announced that it is increasing its cybersecurity spending to almost $760 million to improve digital security.

https://securityintelligence.com/news/poland-cybersecurity-spending-increases/

Regards

Caute_Cautim

4 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

Like many other countries, organisations, etc, they do nothing until they are hit.  Sad really.

funkychicken
Contributor I

I am glad that I was working in infrastructure security because I saw some weird things in the logs and from the DLP reports. We had PA firewalls and decided to roll out Cortex XDR sooner than was planned in the project. I had also re-designed the BCDR plans.

Other parts of the global company didnt follow suit and was hit with a Randsomware attack. After a bit of digging, I helped to pinpoint where it was, who it was and how to stop it. Luckily because of the cortex software, nothing was compromised but this just shows that companies and government need to listen to the staff who have the intelligence to know whats coming and how to protect against it before things happen. 

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@funkychickenWell done for persevering and keeping to your principles.

Regards

Caute_Cautim

jhone545
Viewer II

Following a significant cyberattack, Poland is investing $760 million to bolster its cybersecurity infrastructure. This substantial financial commitment underscores the nation's determination to protect its digital assets and safeguard sensitive information from Covatza3.9 Software future threats.