Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flyslinger2
Community Champion

Paying the Ransom ... you may NOT have a choice ...

Now another additional interesting twist to the debate of to pay or not to pay.

I've never had to deal with a Ransomware attack. I've never pursued Cyber insurance for myself or anyone I consult to.  All I have gone by to formulate my opinion on the pay or not pay debate is what seems logical to me.  

I had an IT business in the District/Maryland/Virginia (DMV) area for many years. There were days that I did more then one lap around the dreaded beltway taking care of customers. I had a large customer base and they were important to me.  Many have become lifelong friends.  If their IT was down they didn't make money. That snowballs very quickly if you are a small business owner, which many of my customers were.  Would these companies be Ransomware targets? Doubt it. But the principal still applies and that is what I use for large organisations that are hit by it.  They are also loosing money and it snowballs rapidly.

1 Reply
gil600221
Newcomer I

Hi,

This is the reason that all businesses whether small, medium or larger enterprises need to be proactive with their Infosec staff and have a great data backup plan in place. A great backup plan will save a lot of heartaches later on.

Gilbert

SSCP, MCP, IT