cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

It's cybersecurity week, can we make cloud safe?

9 Replies
Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

Automated compliance and remediation is a sensible way to go on this one.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
emb021
Contributor III

I thought we had a whole month...

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, GSLC, GSTRT, ISSA Fellow
Ofir_M
Newcomer III

Not 100% Safe.

But if there will be more strict Regulation, Standards Obey, Rigorous Audits of Cloud Providers, and CIA (Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability) Adherence as well as Privacy Adherence such as GDPR, CPAA Compliance, etc...

Than the Cloud can be Safer, and Data may not drop from Cloud like Rain.

Tags (1)
rslade
Influencer II

> emb021 (Contributor II) posted a new reply in Industry News on 10-14-2019 10:23

> I thought we had a whole month...

Not necessary. Cloud should be safe by the middle of this week, at the latest ...

====================== (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade@vcn.bc.ca slade@victoria.tc.ca rslade@computercrime.org
Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you
will have to ram it down their throats. - Howard Aiken
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://twitter.com/rslade
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
https://is.gd/RotlWB

............

Other posts: https://community.isc2.org/t5/forums/recentpostspage/user-id/1324864413

This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

Come on this is little young New Zealand - Captain Cook only found the country in 1769, whereas America was discovered in 1492.     The rest of the world gets a week, with our nearly 5 Million population we get a week.

 

We get a DDoS merely from the number of Sheep roaming the road, let alone a real one occurring in cyber space.

 

Regards

 

Caute_cautim


@rslade wrote:
> emb021 (Contributor II) posted a new reply in Industry News on 10-14-2019 10:23

> I thought we had a whole month...

Not necessary. Cloud should be safe by the middle of this week, at the latest ...

====================== (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade@vcn.bc.ca slade@victoria.tc.ca rslade@computercrime.org
Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you
will have to ram it down their throats. - Howard Aiken
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://twitter.com/rslade
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
https://is.gd/RotlWB

 

 

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@Steve-WilmeI agree, if only every organisation had some solid baselines, this could be true.

 

Regards

 

Caute_cautim

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion


@emb021 wrote:

I thought we had a whole month...


There's a cybersecurity week which starts on a Tuesday (tomorrow) and runs for 10 days for some reason?!:

 

https://www.cybersecurityweek.lu/

 

This month is also cybersecurity awareness month:

 

https://www.dhs.gov/national-cyber-security-awareness-month

 

emb021
Contributor III


@AlecTrevelyan wrote:

@emb021 wrote:

I thought we had a whole month...


There's a cybersecurity week which starts on a Tuesday (tomorrow) and runs for 10 days for some reason?!:

 

https://www.cybersecurityweek.lu/

 

This month is also cybersecurity awareness month:

 

https://www.dhs.gov/national-cyber-security-awareness-month

 


In Luxembourg...

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, GSLC, GSTRT, ISSA Fellow
rslade
Influencer II

> Caute_cautim (Community Champion) posted a new reply in Industry News on

>   We get a DDoS
> merely from the number of Sheep roaming the road, let alone a real one occurring
> in cyber space.

Well, yes, sheep *are* a soft target ...


(And they do look like little clouds ...)

====================== (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade@vcn.bc.ca slade@victoria.tc.ca rslade@computercrime.org
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity
and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://twitter.com/rslade
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
https://is.gd/RotlWB

............

Other posts: https://community.isc2.org/t5/forums/recentpostspage/user-id/1324864413

This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468