Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flyslinger2
Community Champion

Huawei is looking for a bigger payday ...

Because of the security issues raised concerning Huawei, which directly affects it's bottom line and sales in the U.S., Huawei is looking line their pockets with another revenue stream source.

Because they are a Chinese company I have a deep amount of skepticism about their intentions.  Just because they have price points that are favorable to those markets that aren't as flush with cash as others isn't a good excuse to blindly adopt their product without significant testing.  

I hope security wins this battle.

2 Replies
AppDefects
Community Champion

@Flyslinger2 wrote:

Because of the security issues raised concerning Huawei, which directly affects it's bottom line and sales in the U.S., Huawei is looking line their pockets with another revenue stream source.

Can we say they are the new patent "troll" on the street?

Chuxing
Community Champion

There is a whole lot more in the story of Huawei, not just the security. It is quite complex even in the technology fields, let alone on the geopolitical theater.

You cannot simply build a 'wall' around Huawei. I am afraid that the current punches it has received would only provide the motive for it, along with other chinese companies and government, to push very hard for their own electronic technology R&D, to eliminate the dependencies on US and other suppliers. The consequences are, in another 5-10 years, theses companies will not be stoppable. 

Current US H1 policy does not help either, IMHO. The talent of the world need to go somewhere, and the chinese have a lot money, and an even stronger motive now, to attract these talent. Just look, the percentage of foreign-born workers in all US and other countries is staggering.

Bottom line, things are never black'n-white, and any simplistic solution is doomed to fail.