Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraginS
Defender I

FaceBook As Nausea

(Yes, I know the Subject is not quite as normally used. FB continues to make me sick)

Apple has been chastised for letting humans transcribe human voice records when people know they are talking to Siri (an AI servant).

Amazon has been chastised for letting humans transcribe human voice records when people know they are talking to Alexa (an AI servant).

Google has been chastised for letting humans transcribe human voice records when people know they are talking to OK Google (an AI servant).

FaceBook, on the other hand has been hiring humans to transcribe conversations between humans, who presumably think they have a bit of privacy, when using FB Messenger.

Facebook Paid Contractors to Transcribe Users’ Audio ChatsSarah Frier. Bloomberg, August 14, 2019

Feel free to fill in your own rant on trust, malfeasance, privacy, miscreant behavior, ec tetera.

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
1 Reply
Flyslinger2
Community Champion

Does FB do anything on behalf of the consumer/customer of their platform? Only make it so that they are sucked in to their ecosystem and make it hard to extract themselves.