Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraginS
Defender I

F@ceB00K Tracks Downloaded Photos

The evidence for perfidy by Facebook keeps mounting, Now an Aussie researcher has identified tracking code embedded in photos downloaded from the site.

The Forbes article is here

Facebook Embeds 'Hidden Codes' To Track Who Sees And Shares Your Photos

and the researcher's Tweet, shown in that article, is

here

Privacy? You have none.

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
3 Replies
AppDefects
Community Champion

@CraginS wrote:

Privacy? You have none.

People wake up! The only birds laughing now are the Emu's...

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

But human beings just love apps, they want to try them, test them, they are bored, and look where it gets them?

https://www.wired.com/story/faceapp-privacy-backlash-facebook/?bxid=5cc9e0b62ddf9c1a7add2e37&cndid=4...

Regards

Caute_cautim

Shannon
Community Champion

@Caute_cautim wrote:

But human beings just love apps, they want to try them, test them, they are bored, and look where it gets them?

I suppose it's the usual trend --- soon as you hear about it, you have to try it. Few days ago some friends and a lot of colleagues were playing with this on their phones. I attempted to explain the risks, but most were too spellbound by the app to pay any attention, so I gave up.

Sharing such an article with them won't so much good either --- once they're bored of this app, they're likely to find another....

Needless to say, all are very active on Facebook, in many ways. The majority aren't so concerned about privacy, coz it seems a very small price to pay for what you get out of it. (That's until you see your privacy violated in a big way)

Repeatedly making my sentiments clear has had an impact, though covering just me: a friend who shared some pics of a recent trip on Facebook took the trouble to ensure they were limited to the ones that hadn't captured me.  Man LOL

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz