cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

Experts warn of an alarming rise in ransomware operations

Hi All

Have a read of this one, ransomware operations against critical infrastructure including Nuclear plants.

Resecurity, Inc. (USA) protecting major Fortune 100 and government agencies globally has identified an alarming rise in ransomware operators targeting the energy sector, including nuclear facilities and related research entities. Over the last year, ransomware attackers have targeted energy installations in North America, Asia, and the European Union. In the EU, Handelsblatt reported that ransomware attacks targeting the energy sector more than doubled in 2022 over the previous year, with defenders recording 21 attacks through the past October.

https://securityaffairs.com/154113/malware/ransomware-gangs-targets-nuclear-and-oil-gas-2024.html

My comment is that these attacks will rise across all organisations especially as Q2K or Q-Day draws closer - this is my prediction for 2024 and probably up to 2031.

Regards

Caute_Cautim

1 Reply
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

I’m afraid to say that ransomeware just having is just well made cybercrime operations platforms, and they have lots of customers, revenue, plus it’s tax free till you get caught.

Wonder how long till Gartner launch “GartnerDarkTM” and start publishing the Cybercrime Platform MagicQuadrantTM..? 🤔😎