Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vt100
Community Champion

CISA issues Personal Security Considerations

In the past year, physical security becoming a much more prominent subject in our daily lives.

To that end, CISA issued following publication: https://www.cisa.gov/publication/personal-security-considerations

3 Replies
ericgeater
Community Champion

Thank you for posting.  They created a good single-page, easily digestible summary, and I'm glad it easily bridges into the personal.

-----------
A claim is as good as its veracity.
Beads
Advocate I

These government sites keep popping up out of the blue. Never heard of this one but it certainly does muddle the waters between 'cyber' and physical security.

- b/eads

CraginS
Defender I

@Beads wrote:

These government sites keep popping up out of the blue. Never heard of this one but it certainly does muddle the waters between 'cyber' and physical security.

- b/eads

There is no muddle here. Physical security has always been an essential component of information security, even as the PR-driven naming convention migrated through information assurance to cybersecurity. there can be no security of your information without addressing physical security. In the original 10 domain CISSP CBK one of the domains was physical security. Physical security remains enclosed into at least two of the current eight CBK domains.

As a profession we screwed up by letting cyber become magic word with the result auth folks think infosec under the cyber name is only about electronic digits. I do not blame (ISC)2 for this mess, I blame the US Defense department, for changing the magic name in key infosec directives and related publications.

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts