Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbrooker
Viewer

BlueCoat and Symantec

I want my fellow Information Security Professionals to be aware of a business issue with BlueCoat, who was purchased by Symantec. We purchased two BlueCoat SSL Decrypters to go along with two Cisco Firepower IPS appliances. Right after purchase, we were informed the Cisco appliances were end of sale in Dec 2017, which was a problem for us so we sent them back. Our new solution included the SSL decryption so we also needed to send back the BlueCoats. When our vendor, Presidio, tried, they were told that BlueCoat and Symantec has a NO RETURN policy. This was a surprise to not only us, but to Presidio as well. We argued back and forth with them over this for three months when finally they sent Presidio to a third party to handle the return. They filled out a return form and then was told they would not take the appliances back because it had been 3 months since we bought them. If you are in a small startup company like mine, you cannot afford to have to "eat" this kind of investment. Thankfully, Presidio is taking care of it for us and they are going to "eat" it. Beware of BlueCoat/Symantec and remember this when you consider making purchases with them. I don't want anyone else to be hurt by their policy.

0 Replies