Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaity
Community Manager

ALL THINGS CrowdStrike - July 2024 Incident

Hi all! There are so many great discussions about CrowdStrike going on in this Community, but we want to bring them together in one place, so that folks can share and discuss efficiently! 

54 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

they are frantically making sure this doesn't happen again ...I will ask to see how its being adopted

Gosh I hope so.  This is not the sort of failure for which one gets three-strikes.  

Even one strike is bad enough between the costs they will incur to defend against the inevitable lawsuits and the concessions customers will extract at their next renewal.

JoePete
Advocate I

@dcontesti wrote:

Sorry but it's all about $

Sure CrowdStrike erred, but the fact of the matter is it's a Microsoft problem. CrowdStrike wouldn't have been an issue if Microsoft didn't willfully give such low-level access. This is like people suing the company that installs the glass at the bank because a hailstorm broke all the windows and their money was stolen. It wouldn't be an issue if the bank was actually built like a bank.

denbesten
Community Champion

@JoePete wrote:

Sure CrowdStrike erred, but the fact of the matter is it's a Microsoft problem. CrowdStrike wouldn't have been an issue if Microsoft didn't willfully give such low-level access. 

It is a "both" problem.  I can see why Delta decided to sue both CrowdStrike and Microsoft and let the courts figure out how to split the blame.

mikefenton112
Viewer II

While Crowdstrike Falcon's capabilities are impressive, relying on such tools without addressing foundational security practices can be problematic. It's akin to applying a 'magic bullet' approach to security—focusing on advanced solutions without securing the basics can lead to critical vulnerabilities. This underscores the importance of integrating solid security practices from the ground up, rather than depending solely on advanced tools. For a more comprehensive look at securing your assets, consider a detailed review of 'Civil Car Coverage' and how a robust approach to foundational security can make all the difference."

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@dcontestiThe attackers now have AI to assist them to target victims, so much quicker than without AI.

The cost of technology and the associated risks between good and bad.

Regards

Caute_Cautim