Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maniayappa
Viewer II

Which book to refer for CISSP-ISSAP

I have purchased the self-pace learning for CISSP-ISSAP apart from this which book is best to refer. Is CISSP-ISSAP CBK recommended 

Thanks

Manikandan

18 Replies
Sreejithrc
Newcomer I

In the same boat . Book is 12 years old .
I’m relying on additional books ( which is expensive to buy so bought used books from Amazon )
BCP/DR - Susan Snedaker
Federated Identity Primer - Derrick Rountree ( small book not very expensive hence bought new )
Cryptography- Bruce Schneier
Application security - Laura bell
Sreejithrc
Newcomer I

I’m planning for December and not sure if I can read all these . I will rely on NIST as well plus Sherwood’s architecture book and some cloud materials from CSA
George991
Newcomer I

For me it is also very useful to have some practice exam questions? Are there any books that can help me with this? For CISSP I used the Sybex exam questions book which was very useful.

Sreejithrc
Newcomer I

Yea sybex was the best for me too preparing CISSP however I could not find anything for ISSAP
Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

The official ISSAP CBK book has practice questions at the end of each chapter.  My advice would be to just learn the material rather than do a lot of practice tests.  A paper based practice test might not help you as much now as the test are adaptive.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Are all the tests CAT now? I think some of them might just have removed the ability to review questions.

But yeah 100% understanding and learning rather than training tests.
denbesten
Community Champion

@Early_Adopter wrote:
Are all the tests CAT now? I think some of them might just have removed the ability to review questions.

@tldutton (an authoritative source on this topic) earlier stated: "On all of our exams, the CISSP computerized adaptive testing (CAT) exam AND all of the linear exams, you can't go back to a previous question.  You can also see the same answer in our FAQ section, https://www.isc2.org/Frequently-Asked-Questions.  Many of our current linear exams will move to CAT over the next few years." [cite]

Kaity
Community Manager

Only CISSP is in CAT at this time - and only in English. But it is correct that questions cannot be skipped to return to. Whether a linear or CAT exam, you have to answer each question as it comes. 

Maxim-Masiutin
Newcomer II

Do you mean "Enterprise Security Architecture: A Business-Driven Approach" 1st Edition (first released in 2005) by John Sherwood et al?