Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DHerrmann
Contributor II

Linkage between (ISC)2 ID and BrightTalk?

How do we link our BrightTalk account to our (ISC)2 member number to acquire CPEs?   I don't see anything in BrightTalk where my (ISC)2 member number is stored.

11 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

It took me a long time to realize the significance of "webinar that is hosted by (ISC)2". It is only the videos that prominently feature the ISC2 logo on their title page and start with the ISC2-housekeeping pre-roll that even have a chance of auto-submitting.

BrightTalk has many (10,000+) "channels", maybe a dozen of which are "hosted by ISC2".  Although any of the videos on other channels are potentially good for CPE credits, they must be manually submitted.

A few ideas for fixing an account/channel not being properly linked up:

1. @AndreaMoore suggests deleting and recreating your Bright Talk account.
  2. Bright Talk suggests contacting ISC2 member support.
  3. Mybrightalk has the ability to unsubscribe from a channel.  Perhaps it would work to do so and then watch a video on the channel to re-trigger the sign-up prompt (please report if this does or does not work for you).

I suspect that each ISC2/BrightTalk channel must be linked up individually, which may explain why there is such a reputation for inconsistency.

You might also consider accessing videos directly on https://brighttalk.com instead of going through ISC2's skin.  Amongst other things, you can watch full-screen and you can pull up your history to re-download your viewing certificates.  

Budoka
Contributor II

I saw this immediately after trying to deal with the most recent "Annual International ISC2 Chapter Conference, SECON International" thing which of course kicks you over to EventBrite. It REALLY should not be that difficult to register for stuff especially when it is being pushed by the ISC2 marketing email people.

I am so over the Bright Talk/EventBrite nonsense that from now on I will just delete the emails when I receive them from ISC2. The PIA factor and additional PII exposure to a third party that is wonky at best isn't worth the couple of CPEs it would give me. It is as you say, they just add an ISC2 logo/branding to it.