cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volunteer Appreciation Month: Local Leadership (Chapter Membership)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volunteer Appreciation Month: Local Leadership (Chapter Membership)

Re: Volunteer Appreciation Month: Local Leadership (Chapter Membership)

paulablalock
ISC2 Former Staff

Did you know that you can volunteer locally and create impact in your community with (ISC)² through the Chapter Program? The Chapter Program is a volunteer opportunity for (ISC)² members to build a local network of peers together to share knowledge, exchange resources, collaborate on projects, and create new ways to earn CPEs! 

Being a member of an (ISC)² Chapter means you will gain a sense of fellowship with colleagues in your profession, allowing you to network and exchange ideas with fellow information security professionals and (ISC)² credential holders in your local area.

There are many great benefits to volunteering as a chapter leader or member including (but not limited to):

• The opportunity to engage in volunteer leadership roles
  • Earning CPEs by participating in professional activities
  • Participating in co-sponsored events with other industry associations
  • Assisting (ISC)² initiatives by speaking at industry events or writing articles for publication
  • Participating in local community outreach projects (public service/volunteering) to educate people about information security
  • Receiving special discounts on (ISC)² products and programs

You can find and get engaged with a Chapter near you by visiting the (ISC)² Chapter Directory.

Interested in local leadership and volunteering, but don’t have a chapter near you? No problem – you can start an (ISC)² Chapter in your local area!

Learn more or get involved today by contacting the Chapter Program Team at chapters@isc2.org.

WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!! 

Are you a member of a local chapter now? If so, which chapter? What does your chapter do to engage with the local community? Does your chapter volunteer with the Safe and Secure Online program, or do you host meetings with industry speakers to inform the community about tools, resources, and the importance of being safe and secure online?

If you’re not a member of a local chapter, what volunteer opportunities from those listed above (or something else entirely) would drive you to get engaged and volunteer locally through the (ISC)² Chapter Program?

3 Comments
rslade
Influencer II

Yes, I'm a member of a chapter.  Vancouver.

We are really engaged with the local community.  We "co-meet" with th Vancouver Security Special Interest Group (Van SecSIG) and the Vancouver ISSA chapter.  We maintain a list of local events of all types.

We'd like to help with Safe and Secure and other programs, but we can't get ISC2 HQ to respond to our requests ...

paulablalock
ISC2 Former Staff

Hi @rslade - I am happy to help facilitate a conversation that will get you connected and involved with the Safe and Secure Online program! Would you mind sending me an email to get me up to date on previous communications? Once I receive I will make sure we take care of you right away.

Thank you! 

-Paula

rslade
Influencer II

OK, sent you a private message with email addresses ...