cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Us How You Enrich. Enable. Excel. & Earn Badges in the (ISC)² Community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Us How You Enrich. Enable. Excel. & Earn Badges in the (ISC)² Community!

Re: Show Us How You Enrich. Enable. Excel. & Earn Badges in the (ISC)² Community!

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Everything we do at (ISC)² is focused on helping you strengthen your career. In 2018, it starts with Enrich. Enable. Excel. As a member of the (ISC)² Community, you’re empowered to Enrich. Enable. Excel. together. Earn badges for engaging with the (ISC)² Community in ways that support this guiding theme.

Let’s go over how you can earn these badges throughout the rest of the year!

Throughout June and July, earn the Enrich badge: Awarded for superior engagement that enriches the (ISC)2 CommunityEnrich_badge.png

Here are the activities that you need to complete for the Enrich badge:

• Receive 1 kudo
  • Give 1 kudo
  • Make 1 post

Throughout August and September earn the Enable badge: Awarded for superior engagement that enables the (ISC)2 Community to advance our industryEnable_badge.png

Here are the activities that you need to complete for the Enable badge:

• Receive 1 kudo
  • Give 3 kudos
  • Make 3 posts
  • Tag 3 (ISC)2 Community posts

Throughout October and November earn the Excel badge: Awarded for excellence in building the (ISC)2 Community and advancing our profession.

Excel_badge.png

Here are the activities that you need to complete for the Excel badge:

• Receive 3 kudos
  • Give 5 kudos
  • Create 3 replies
  • Make 3 posts
  • Tag 5 (ISC)2 Community posts

Throughout December you can earn a “triple badge” called Enrich. Enable. Excel.: Awarded for outstanding contributions to the (ISC)2 Community in all 3 areas throughout the year

3E_badge.png

This badge is a little different. You will have had to earn all three of the other badges, and then perform the following activities throughout the month:

• Receive 1 kudo
  • Give 3 kudos

We are excited to see you all Enrich. Enable. Excel. in the Community this year!  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me or you can always email community@isc2.org.

22 Comments
Daniel-Nash1
Newcomer III

Congratulations to RCTC & Mayo Clinic on a grant to develop CISSP training for Healthcare IT professionals.  This will promote (ISC)2 list of professionals and build more needed security professionals.  Way to go Chris Veltsos, CISSP in helping with the grant and getting it going

Daniel-Nash1
Newcomer III

How do I tell if I achieved a Badge and where it is displayed?

slee047
Newcomer II

Are these badges given at the end of month?

How about new users registered in August (And hence they missed the June / July) phase?

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @Daniel-Nash1 & @slee047

Thank you both for posting on the Community. I wanted to reach out and answer the questions you left on this post. 

By default you will receive a notification via email and in the Community when you earn a new badge. The badges can be seen on your Community profile, which can be viewed by clicking on your avatar in a circle at the top right (next to the search bar all the way at the top) and selecting My Profile. The badges will display to the left of your screenname and avatar picture. 

The badges at the moment are run manually and are given out on a weekly basis to those who have earned them. If you did not earn the previous badge(s) for any reason, you can still work to get the current set of badges in the badge campaign.  

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply here or reach out to me directly (you can click on my username to go to my profile and send a private message, if you prefer). 

Best, 

Samantha

tfs
Viewer III

Fantastic idea!

rslade
Influencer II

> tfs (Viewer) posted a new comment in (ISC)² Updates on 11-17-2018 01:45 PM in the (ISC)² Community :

> Fantastic idea!

So, I take it he's not going to be joining the "no badges" crowd ...

====================== (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade@vcn.bc.ca slade@victoria.tc.ca rslade@computercrime.org
It is also true that the higher up the [security] scale someone
wishes to appear, the higher the incidence of his or her use of
words of Norman French and Latin origin. We use terms like
`prevent.' What's wrong with `stop'? It's shorter and just as
good. - Angus McIlwraith
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://twitter.com/rslade
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
https://is.gd/RotlWB

kpoole_isc2
Newcomer I

Thanks