cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May the Fourth Be With You!

Re: May the Fourth Be With You!

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Help us celebrate Star Wars Day in the Community!  

You can earn a badge in May by logging in to the Community on May 4th.  Make sure when logging in to navigate through the Community to register your login. You can view different pages or topics, create a post/comment, or kudo an article to make sure you get this badge on the 4th. 

May-4th-Badge-2019.png

Beyond just earning the badge, share your favorite Star Wars quote, scene, memory, or movie below! 

70 Comments
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I didn't receive an email or the badge - I'm not sure anyone did!

JosephRector
Newcomer II

I still did not get the badge.

Flyslinger2
Community Champion

I can't speak for anyone else here on the forum but I'm loosing sleep over this badge.     -.-

Thanks for working hard to get it to us but really, we have bigger fish to fry here.  

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

While I agree there are certainly bigger technical issues with the forum and ISC2's other systems in general than a seemingly frivolous badge not appearing, one area that is in need of improvement on the forum is member participation - I'm sure you'll agree the forum can be a little slow at times.

Given the criteria for receiving this badge was purely just doing something on the forum (logging in, browsing, posting or giving kudos) I'm pretty sure its purpose was to drive greater member participation. Therefore, in those terms, this badge has been both important and hopefully successful.

Last Saturday (May 4th) while I was logged in I saw numerous brand new accounts logging in to the forum presumably just to get this badge. If only a small percentage of those keep coming back and participating making the forum more active then the exercise can be deemed a success. However, if the reward offered (the badge) never appears then potentially that could have the opposite effect. So, while it may seem frivolous, the lack of the badge appearing is something that does need to be rectified.

XX
Reader III

I am still without the badge.

AppDefects
Community Champion

Let's make this an annual badge that everyone can earn.

rslade
Influencer II

At the risk of getting sued by Disney, I should point out that May the 4th is also the 20th anniversary of the "I love you/Loveletter" virus ...

ABlackburn
Newcomer I

I wonder how many of us remember that?  (The Loveletter virus)

MikeGlassman
Contributor II

I remember it well, as well as the Jerusalem and parrot (Polly wants a cracker).

I am pretty sure we could find a version to play with if we tried 🙂

s_panos
Contributor II

Hi all!

Will we get a badge this year also?

Smiley Very Happy

Happy Star Wars day!

May the 4th be with us all!