cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June is Security Congress Month!

Re: June is Security Congress Month!

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Throughout the month of June, we are going to be talking about Security Congress.  From event details, to keynotes, to sessions, and networking opportunities – we’re covering the top topics for all of you.

If you engage with our content by commenting/replying to any of our posts or creating your own post in the Security Congress board this month, you are going to earn a badge! Badges will be deployed weekly at the end of every week. 

Let’s start the month off by sharing experiences of Security Congress – Have you been to a security Congress before, if so how many have you been to?  What is your favorite part of Security Congress or any other industry conference that you have attended – the sessions, the keynotes, the networking, etc.? 

Share your experiences below! 

And keep an eye out on the Security Congress board next week for more information. We’re kicking Week 1 off with the following topics:

• Event details – making sure you know all the information about the event – dates, location, etc.
  • Keynotes – Who are you going to hear from as our keynote speakers
  • & more!

6 Comments
Brewdawg
Newcomer III

I have been to the last 2 Security Congress and had a great time.  Really liked the networking opportunities and the keynotes have been extremely interesting.  

dcontesti
Community Champion

So I have been fortunate to attend all 8 of the past Congresses and currently plan on attending this year.

I have attended some as an attendee and others as a speaker.  I find these events full of useful information both in the sessions and outside.  It is a chance to catch up with folks from around the US and Canada that I email with regularly.  It is also an opportunity to make new acquaintances, exchange information, business cards, etc.

Some of the past keynotes have been truly amazing to listen to.  

And the party on the last night is always amazing with marvellous venues, great bands, an abundance of food and not to mention the drinks.

I hope to see you all at the 2019 Congress and catch up in person.

Regards

d

rslade
Influencer II

I don't think I've ever been to an actual "Security Congress," although I've presented at a number of the events ISC2 held in the past for the general membership.

These days I usually don't attend unless I'm presenting or helping out ...

AppDefects
Community Champion

I attended the very first Security Congress back when (ISC)2 partnered with ASIS International. At the time that was a big deal. (ISC)2 has learned a lot since then and has truly given back to its membership by creating a sustainable Security Congress brand. Each year is bigger and better. This year is going to set the bar even higher with approximately 150 sessions. How cool is that! Hats off to the local Chapter volunteers that keep Congress running smoothly.

My favorite thing to do is participate in Capture the Flag (CTF) I'll be looking for others to bring their A game to the event! I also enjoy the sessions - not enough can be said about the talented speakers, especially those that deliver more than one session. We salute you! The quality of the training is also unparalleled.

Don't miss the Town Hall where you can ask the (ISC)2 Board of Directors hard questions. (ISC)2 Executive Management will also be there. David Shearer is truly amazing! He advocates for everyone and helps shape a shared vision for the cybersecurity profession. I also love the opportunity to network with other CISSPs and just sit back and listen to their stories. Lastly, the Information Security Leadership Awards (ISLA) (for the Americas) luncheon always delivers on recognizing the best-of-the-best cybersecurity professionals from around the world. I hope to see you there!

Ps. Garfield we love you! Is that you @david-shearer?

rslade
Influencer II
> AppDefects (Contributor I) edited a comment in (ISC)² Updates on 06-13-2019

> (ISC)2 has learned a lot since
> then and has truly given back to its membership by creating a sustainable
> Security Congress brand. Each year is bigger and better.
> I also enjoy the sessions
> - not enough can be said about the talented speakers, especially those that
> deliver more than one session. We salute you! The quality of the training is
> also unparalleled.
> David Shearer is truly amazing! He advocates for everyone and helps shape a
> shared vision for the cybersecurity profession.
>  Ps. Garfield we love you!

OK, Rachel, now I *know* you're a bot ...

====================== (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade@vcn.bc.ca slade@victoria.tc.ca rslade@computercrime.org
This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be
thrown with great force. - Dorothy Parker
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://twitter.com/rslade
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
https://is.gd/RotlWB
AppDefects
Community Champion

@SamanthaO_isc2 wrote:

If you engage with our content by commenting/replying to any of our posts or creating your own post in the Security Congress board this month, you are going to earn a badge! Badges will be deployed weekly at the end of every week. 

Hey @SamanthaO_isc2 what happened to delivering on the Security Congress badge that you promised? We all love badges!