cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy First Anniversary to the Community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy First Anniversary to the Community!

Re: Happy First Anniversary to the Community!

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Community-1YearAnn-790x100.jpg

It is the one year anniversary of the Community this month!  We would love to thank all of our Community members for helping to make our first year an amazing one! 

In our first year we have welcomed 21.4K members, had over 12K posts and over 8K kudos.  We have added 6 boards to the Community and organized the Community into four distinct areas: (ISC)2 Exchange, Discussions, Events, and Research. Throughout all this change, we have been in awe of all of the Community members who post tips for those studying for their certifications, who hop in to share their viewpoints on various topics, and all those who genuinely want to help advance the profession as well as help other Community members.

As we celebrate the first Community Anniversary, we hope that you all know how grateful we are for each and every member of this Community.

For one month (from today, 10/16 – 11/15), by solely logging into the Community, you will earn a badge that helps us to celebrate our first anniversary.

Community-Ann-Badge-1year.png

Here’s to many more!

14 Comments
denbesten
Community Champion

Normally, my browser (chrome 69) keeps the community logged,even if I reboot my PC.  Just a few moments ago, I attempted to logout but found that is apparently not possible. 

I tried two ways.  First, by pulling down my avatar and selecting " [=> Sign Out".  The result was that I was returned to the main page, yet I remained logged in.  Then, I tried entering the URL directly in a new browser tab, which redirected (with a 302 status) to community.isc2.org and I remained logged in.   At no time did I see any redirects to okta.

I know a few different ways to force a login record (so I earn the badge), but I have not done so because I thought it more important to maintain the evidence when reporting this logout-issue.

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Thank you for reporting this @denbesten.  I'll send this along to our vendor to look into. In the meantime, by posting in the Community, your account does show that you were logged in today (even though you did not take a specific sign in action).  Due to this, you have earned the badge, which you can see here: https://community.isc2.org/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/311867713/page/1

Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

Best, 

Samantha

rslade
Influencer II
> Subject: Re: Happy First Anniversary to the Community!

Ummmm, wait. *Today* is the first anniversary of the "community"?

But *last week* I got a "Happy 1 Year Anniversary" of being *on* the
"community"?

How does that work?

(By the way, still no "Excel" badge ...)

====================== (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade@vcn.bc.ca slade@victoria.tc.ca rslade@computercrime.org
[Oversight of cryptanalysis and intelligence] is a nuisance.
So is democracy. - David Kahn, `The Codebreakers'
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://twitter.com/rslade
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
https://is.gd/RotlWB
Brewdawg
Newcomer III
That is awesome!! Glad to be part of the community from the beginning.
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hi @rslade

You are correct that the day this was posted was not the actual one year anniversary. The anniversary of the public launch of the Community was actually on 10/8 during our annual Security Congress Conference. The Community was around for some time before that as well, for testing, early invites, and the 2017 Security Congress Conference, to name a few. We will use October as a month to celebrate the anniversary of the Community going forward, so as not to celebrate just one day, but the whole month, which just so happens to coincide with National Cyber Security Awareness Month.  

-Samantha

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Thanks for celebrating with us, @Brewdawg!! We're happy to have you as a part of the Community 🙂 

rslade
Influencer II
> SamanthaO_isc2 (Community Manager) mentioned you in a post! Join the conversation below:

> We will use October as a month to celebrate the anniversary of the
> Community going forward, so as not to celebrate just one day, but the whole
> month, which just so happens to coincide with National Cyber Security
> Awareness Month.

Cute 🙂

====================== (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade@vcn.bc.ca slade@victoria.tc.ca rslade@computercrime.org
It's sad that the signal/noise ratio of the Internet is now
asymptotically approaching zero because 90% of traffic is SPAM
and the remaining 10% is stupid and offensive email disclaimers.
It will actually go negative as soon as spammers decide that they
need long and discursive disclaimers in order to make their stuff
look authentic. - Les Bell 20090130, message #118685
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://twitter.com/rslade
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
https://is.gd/RotlWB
denbesten
Community Champion

@rslade wrote:

(By the way, still no "Excel" badge ...)

Congrats, you have now earned one of the two "Excel" badges.  Sadly, there are not more because it plays into my feeling that Community engagement is declining,  

rslade
Influencer II

@denbesten

> Congrats, you have now earned one of the two "Excel" badges.

Yeah, I noticed yesterday that it had finally come through ...

>  Sadly, there are not more because it plays into my feeling that Community engagement

> is declining

Hmmmm.  Not my perception: as far as I can tell there is still about the same level of activity.

Of course, people could always try out the CISSPforum ...

Daniel-Nash1
Newcomer III

This awesome - glad to see the communities engagement and relevant topics.

Question: what can you find the meaning to titles like: newcomer I, newcomer II, Advocate I, and the like?

Do they change?  How are they established?

Thanks and Congratulations

@SamanthaO_isc2 wrote:

Community-1YearAnn-790x100.jpg

It is the one year anniversary of the Community this month!  We would love to thank all of our Community members for helping to make our first year an amazing one! 

In our first year we have welcomed 21.4K members, had over 12K posts and over 8K kudos.  We have added 6 boards to the Community and organized the Community into four distinct areas: (ISC)2 Exchange, Discussions, Events, and Research. Throughout all this change, we have been in awe of all of the Community members who post tips for those studying for their certifications, who hop in to share their viewpoints on various topics, and all those who genuinely want to help advance the profession as well as help other Community members.

As we celebrate the first Community Anniversary, we hope that you all know how grateful we are for each and every member of this Community.

For one month (from today, 10/16 – 11/15), by solely logging into the Community, you will earn a badge that helps us to celebrate our first anniversary.

Community-Ann-Badge-1year.png

Here’s to many more!

!

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @Daniel-Nash1

The titles that you are referring to are the ranks in the Community. You can find out more about the different ranks available here. While we cannot share the exact requirements to rank up to each new rank, we can let you know that there are 3 levels to each rank, and you rank up through your actions in the Community (i.e. kudos/posts/replies/etc). 

Let me know if you have any other questions, I am happy to help! 

Thanks, 

Samantha

slcoppedge
Viewer III

Thank you for this community. It's quite helpful!

PC509
Newcomer I
October 16th is a GREAT day for an anniversary! This year was my 20th wedding anniversary, as well as my "official" CISSP certification (passed August 23rd, got the final Congrats on the 16th!). Happy 1 year!
DALX
Newcomer II

Congratulations everyone!