Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terpfan1980
Viewer II

Security Congress 2021 discussion

I so wanted to be there in person and actually registered, initially, for in-person attendance but the spike in the COVID-19 infections, especially in southern states -- especially Florida, and the difference in cost (making it easier to get my employer to sign-off on reimbursement as a training expense) means I'm going virtual again this year.

I really, really hope that we can get past COVID in the next year and that maybe for Security Congress 2022 I'll be able to attend in person again.  I definitely miss the in-person networking and think the experience is far better with in-person attendance, but thank (ISC)2 for offering the virtual option again.

14 Replies
Budoka
Contributor II

Agreed. I was hoping to attend in person this year as well but really need to err on the side of caution until all of this shakes out. Virtual just isn't the same from a networking perspective.

Stay safe everyone.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@Terpfan1980 @Budoka 

Please see our recent announcement, Security Congress will be fully virtual this year. 

https://community.isc2.org/t5/ISC-Security-Congress/Get-READY-for-a-VIRTUAL-ISC-Security-Congress-Oc... 

ISC2 Community Manager
Budoka
Contributor II

Andrea, will the virtual event be through BrightTALK? Or will it be a virtual "platform", ala RSA Conference, that registered participants can access?
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@Budoka 

Security Congress will not be using BrightTALK as the platform; however, yes, it will be using a digital platform that attendees who are registered will have access to it. This platform will be able to confirm attendees actually attended live (or watched archived sessions), will track CPE credits and add them to your account on your behalf. 

Here are some FAQs and Answers (CPE credit discussions start on Q # 25): https://congress.isc2.org/event/b5e4f3e7-6009-4d72-baa5-63e73fb6ad8e/websitePage:c9443194-523b-4a02-... 

ISC2 Community Manager
Budoka
Contributor II

Fantastic. That was the answer I was hoping for. Not to sound like a broken record, but now if we can convince ISC2 to migrate away from BrightTalk completely. LOL
noel
Newcomer II

Is anyone else having trouble getting the page to load correctly?

noel_0-1634566794233.png

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Hi @noel 

Are you trying to attend Security Congress?

ISC2 Community Manager
mrlithic
Newcomer I

Has anyone been able to get access to the any of the talks yet?

Andrew

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Hi Andrew @mrlithic 

Yes. Did you access from your email you received? 

If anyone is having issues accessing issues please email congressreg@isc2.org and the team can help you. 

ISC2 Community Manager