Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xenophore
Newcomer II

Security Congress 2021 Suggestions

I'm still enjoying Security Congress 2020 as it's going to take at least a couple more days to get through all the sessions.Even if we're able to attend next year's conference in person, I hope that we'll also have the virtual option available. I imagine many organizations will be re-examining their travel budgets in the wake of COVID-19 as they find much of what used to require travel can now be accomplished remotely.

For a global organization, I was somewhat surprised to see session times scheduled around and expressed only in Eastern Standard Time (EST) instead of Universal Coordinated Time (UTC). I suspect most people outside the US don't immediately know their time zone offset from EST but do know their offset from UTC. Both the global nature of (ISC)² and the virtual conference format lend themselves more to live sessions running serially across multiple time zones rather than multiple sessions running in parallel for only a few hours in a single time zone. Instead of only being able to watch 20% of the sessions live, it would be great if that was 50% or higher.

7 Replies
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. We will compile all the feedback and improve upon lessons learned (as we do each year regardless of location). I am glad you are still enjoying the content. 

What was your favorite session? Did you enjoy the virtual networking options? We hope everyone took advantage of those and made the best of being virtual. We look forward to having you join us next year (whatever format 2021 Security Congress takes). 

Stay well!

ISC2 Community Manager
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

A post event email was sent out. Please check your email and take the survey! The feedback helps us plan for next year!

ISC2 Community Manager
chris_elmore
Newcomer I

Aloha ISC2 Congress,

@Xenophore insightful and thoughtful suggestions are right on target. I'll second his suggestions here in this forum. I'm still enjoying Security Congress 2020 as it's going to take at least a couple more days to get through all the sessions. Even if we're able to attend next year's conference in person, I hope that we'll still have this *NEW* virtual option available. I imagine many organizations from big to small will still be re-examining their travel budgets under a microscope in the wake of COVID-19 as they find much of what used to require travel can now be accomplished remotely. Please keep this avenue open for those ISC2 members who can't attend any other way. As a CISSP these CEU friendly events are ultra valuable and very much appreciated. Take care and stay awesome.

Very Respectfully,

Chris

Xenophore
Newcomer II

I saw that and filled it out. Thanks!

chris_elmore
Newcomer I

Aloha @Xenophore, thanks for those great posts. Take care.
Vsam403
Viewer

In total agreement. Having the option to attend virtually would be a definite plus for this event given not only the changes to travel but also keeping in mind that there will still be many people who do not wish to attend large events in person due to ongoing Covid related risks especially those in vulnerable groups, i.e. those with existing health conditions either personally or through immediate family. I hope ISC2 takes this into account for Security Congress 2021
chris_elmore
Newcomer I

Aloha and mahalo @Vsam403 for those words. I agree and hope ISC2 Congress will take these into account at their next planning meetings. Take care. 🙂