Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Security Congress 2020

We look forward to having you all join us for (ISC)² Security Congress 2020! Be sure to connect with your colleagues virtually in the networking lounges, on social media (using #ISC2Congress) and here on Community in this thread. 

ISC2 Community Manager
10 Replies
Brewdawg
Newcomer III

Impressed by the platform and the interaction so far.  Will be interested to see how the expo and networking events are working.  

One question: Is there somewhere on the platform to see the courses that we registered for?  Or a schedule of what we registered for?

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Thanks so much, @Brewdawg!!

One question: Is there somewhere on the platform to see the courses that we registered for?  Or a schedule of what we registered for?

You can use BrightTALK’s "Add to Calendar" function to create an agenda for the sessions you've registered for, and you will receive a confirmation email for each one as well as a 24-hour and a 15-minute reminder email.  

   

Furthermore, in the mobile app and virtual expo platforms, you will be able to browse all sessions in order to compile your list of favorites. Though this account will be separate from your BrightTALK account where you’ll view all the sessions during the live event, it may serve as a helpful secondary resource to reference throughout the conference to ensure you don’t miss any activities of interest occurring on the BrightTALK event platform.   

   

Please also be aware the virtual expo hall and mobile app share the same account data so once you set up your account initially, you will be able to use those login credentials for both platforms.   

I hope this helps!

ISC2 Community Manager
chris_elmore
Newcomer I

Mahalo (thank you) very much Andrea for your aloha and support. I'm a first time attendee here but a long time CISSP who is having fun. Take care and see you at the next sessions.

v/r,

Chris

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

ericgeater
Community Champion

First time for me as well.  Managing my way around the "expo hall" by opening several tabs!

--
"A claim is as good as its veracity."
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@ericgeater first time for us too! We are pivoting and learning in 2020. Afterward, let us know your favorite aspects of this year's virtual Congress and what we can improve for next year. Anything you've seen at other online conferences that was done really well? Let us know! 

ISC2 Community Manager
chris_elmore
Newcomer I

Aloha Andrea.

May I please make a BOLD suggestion for next congress 2021? I did not see any (EVENT BRITE or Security Congress) mechanism to show the questions being sent in for the Q and A sessions. It would be great and incredibly useful to see the actual submitted questions in each of these sessions, and have the ability to VOTE UP or DOWN questions that are submitted by the other attendees. This is a double-win as it helps to weed out unpopular questions and rank them by order of merit / interest. This also helps you as the moderator of these Q&As with managing the time allotted which is another win. I've seen this done on other platforms so it must be do-able.

Mahalo for your awesome conference and have an AWESOME day.

v/r,

Chris

dwaltersct
Newcomer I

Do members earn CPEs for presentations from the Daily Lounge Presentation Schedule?

chris_elmore
Newcomer I

Aloha, This came straight off the lounge page https://securitycongress.brighttalk.live/networking-engagement/

For each networking lounge presentation you attend, you will earn .5 Group B CPE credits!

Take care.
v/r,
Chris