Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

(ISC)2 Security Congress Will Be Virtual This Year

The 10th annual (ISC)² Security Congress will take place as a virtual conference in recognition of the health concerns and many corporate travel restrictions this year associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. The renowned three-day conference, focused on industry discussion and continuing education for security professionals of all levels, will be held online from November 16-18.

Read more for information on early bird pricing.

We hope to "see" you there!

ISC2 Community Manager
22 Replies
leroux
Community Champion

This  will allow more non_US members to attend...

Thanks for letting us to know about.

It will be important to transfer this information to Chapters Leaders...

Best regards,

Yves

AppDefects
Community Champion

bags.png

Radioteacher
Community Champion

Last Saturday (7-11-2020), I was privileged to attend and present at BSidesSATX.  The event was great.

It was well managed and pleasantly coordinated event.  The over 1100 attendees knew that the local free event was run by an all-volunteer staff, but the professionalism of the staff was top shelf.  

• Speakers waited and tested in a Green Room prior to being dropped into their track.  
  • The event had four tracks of speakers
  • Multiple Capture the Flag challenges were happening.
  • There was a Discord server setup with channels for feedback during the presentations 
  • There was a Wireless village running in Discord most of the day.
  • Different Discord channels were set up, like Amateur Radio with office hours

I need to turn in the CPE's for the event and for presenting.  

BSides San Antonio help set a great example on how to run a virtual security event.

-Paul

P.S. They also had nice shirts.  Last year they used a stylized Sugar Skull for a logo...this year it wore a mask.  

Radioteacher_0-1595013749769.png

MikeGlassman
Contributor II

@AndreaMoore 

Hi Andrea, two minor issues.

1. Where is the agenda ? It's great asking us to buy the Early bird, but it would be even better to be able to see what we are getting, be it early bird or not.

2. How would this work for people in different time zones ? If the schedules are US time, those of us on the other side of the world will not be able to take place in the actual events but will have to watch recordings, in which case we lose out of the opportunity to take an active part if we wanted to.

So, although I really like the idea and hope that at some point things will be normal enough to return to the actual conferences, some of the issues don't seem to have been worked out for a global community.

Mike

Sincerely,

Mike Glassman, CISSP
Iguana man
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Hello @MikeGlassman,

Thank you for your comments/questions.

We are hoping to post an agenda within a few weeks. We understand the time differences for our global audience. On that note, we are exploring staggered start times for some sessions, if possible. As this all finalizes, we will update the event registration site and the Community with additional information. This is a new way to deliver Security Congress; however, our team is working hard to quickly finalize our solutions to the questions you raise. 

Thank you in advance for everyone's patience. We hope to update you soon!

Andrea

ISC2 Community Manager
MikeGlassman
Contributor II

@AndreaMoore good morning (My morning),

Thank you for your response.

I hope that ISC2 will ensure that the lower cost of the conference will remain until after the agenda is out. I still find it pretty strange that registration has begun even though no one actually knows what is going to be going on, or how.

sincerely,

Mike Glassman

Sincerely,

Mike Glassman, CISSP
Iguana man
va
Newcomer II

My first time ... will be attending.

trueshrew
Newcomer I

Any thoughts about hosting it in Chicago or Indianapolis next year?  Just can't justify spending 6 days and thousands in travel expenses to go to Orlando.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@trueshrew 

Thanks for the suggestion! We will announce 2021 information later on but for now we are focused on providing a great event (virtually) for 2020. Since you won't need to travel for the 2020 event, we hope you can join us virtually this year! 

Register now at congress.isc2.org for Early Bird pricing now through September 30!

ISC2 Community Manager
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Just making sure everyone on this thread saw that the agenda is posted at congress.isc2.org. 

https://community.isc2.org/t5/ISC-Security-Congress/Agenda-for-2020-ISC-2-Security-Congress-Now-Live...

ISC2 Community Manager