cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DHerrmann
Contributor II

Any info on the 2020 Congress?

Many of use need a long lead time to get funding approved, and session information (fee/location/etc) soon (before mid-February) would be very helpful in selling it to our leadership for approval.

12 Replies
AppDefects
Community Champion

The 2020 Security Congress will be back in Orlando, FL. This time at the Hyatt Regency. Be there! https://www.isc2.org/News-and-Events/Event-Calendar#

AppDefects
Community Champion

@DHerrmann wrote:

Many of use need a long lead time to get funding approved, and session information (fee/location/etc) soon (before mid-February) would be very helpful in selling it to our leadership for approval.

I would suggest basing your funding request on the 2019 Congress program. If you stay at the conference hotel expect to budget $$$/night accordingly; otherwise, explore many of the offsite options $$/night that are closer to Disney. I expect the 2020 tracks to be similar, but that remains to be seen. It is a safe bet that the 2020 will be the biggest and best attended conference ever! Watch for the (ISC)2 Congress Team @Tim_ISC2 to talk it up this spring/summer as we get closer to the event.

denbesten
Community Champion

As found on the event calendar (all hail Google), November 16-18 at the Hyatt Regency in Orlando Florida.  From the "selling it" perspective, I would use the 2019 details until such time as the 2020 information is released.  

(ISC)² has previously announced intention to keep it in Orlando going forward for logistical reasons -- their offices are about two hours drive away and Orlando has lots of sufficiently large venues plus a well-connected airport.

dcontesti
Community Champion

Agree on using 2019 costs, although with enough pre-planning, one might be able to find a hotel close to the venue (this Hyatt is right on International Drive so not a bad walk or trolley ride from other hotels).

Current posted rate at hotel is $307+$25 resort fee + taxes. However, I did find hotels in the area for about $160 a night (how long they will last is hard to say).

(ISC)2 has a contracted rate but not sure how much it is.

Am hoping to attend and look forward to meeting some folk there.

d

DHerrmann
Contributor II

I was a volunteer at the first (or one of the first) Congress - boy, how things have grown!

tmuhtadi
ISC2 Team

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your interest in 2020 Security Congress! I’m happy to provide a couple additional details regarding this year’s event:

• Dates: November 16 – 18, 2020
    • Pre-conference: November 14 – 15, 2020

• 9801 International Dr.
    • Orlando, FL 32819

• Sessions: Call for Speakers is currently set to open late January/early February – please keep an eye out for confirmed dates & additional details in the very near future.

• Pricing & Registration: This year, there will not be an increase in conference pass pricing – however, please check back in mid-February when we anticipate launching 2020 registration.

2019 All Access Pass Pricing:

[Member]:

• Early Bird – $1,195 USD
  • Regular – $1,395 USD

[Non-Member]:

• Early Bird – $1,495 USD
  • Regular – $1,695 USD

Hope this helps! Please don't hesitate to reach out with any additional thoughts, questions or concerns in the meantime.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in November! 

dcontesti
Community Champion

Tammy

Thanks for chiming in with the information.  The only information missing is the cost of the hotel per night.  Not sure you are at liberty to share that information but it would help when building the business case for the event.....

Best

d

tmuhtadi
ISC2 Team

*****UPDATE BELOW*****

Hi everyone,

I’ve just received an update regarding pricing for 2020 Security Congress conference passes - there will in fact be a change to the pricing structure which may include a cost increase for certain pass types. However, we are still aiming to provide (ISC)² members with discounts on passes and will certainly share more details as they are finalized and ready for registration.

I also wanted to share an estimate for the Hyatt Regency Orlando’s room rate. Though the reservation portal is not yet available, the estimated cost will be in the ballpark of about $270.00 USD (+tax) per night.

We will surely keep you informed as additional updates transpire.

dcontesti
Community Champion

Tammy

Thanks for the info.  It does help when attempting to justify conferences.

Have a great weekend.

d