Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

3 Steps to Security Congress Success

Are you one of the more than 4,500 registered attendees getting ready for (ISC)² Security Congress 2020? This year is a little different since it is all virtual. There are a few things you'll need to know to guide you through your Congress journey. 

Step 1: Save Your Spots

Check out the agenda and “Save My Spot” for sessions and keynotes you find interesting. Add them to your agenda and you’re ready to go!

(Use your BrightTalk personal account credentials to login or create a new account to access the sessions. You will earn your CPE’s through BrightTalk.)

Step 2: Make Connections

Meet with top security vendors in our virtual Expo Hall and connect with other cybersecurity professionals during our exclusive networking events!

(A separate registration is needed to access the virtual Expo Hall, but that same registration is valid for the Security Congress Mobile App.)

Step 3: Get Your CPEs

Members can earn up to a record-breaking 45 CPE credits with an All-Access Pass. 

(Credits for the conference will begin being applied to your account as early as November 30.)

Have a Twitter account? Tweet alongside us at the conference at @ISC2Congress and use #ISC2Congress. 

Have questions? Email congressreg@isc2.org with your questions and information and we can assist you. 

ISC2 Community Manager
5 Replies
DHerrmann
Contributor II

Hi – I’m having a lot of problems signing up for sessions:
1. I go to https://securitycongress.brighttalk.live/attend/congress-agenda/ and login
2. My name shows up on the top right next to the shopping cart.
3. I try to sign up for the opening keynote, but I’m unsuccessful.
     a. The start time is 9am, but the time shown is Mountain time – I’m in Pennsylvania.
     b. I click on “Attend”, and I have to fill in my e-mail, name, phone number, job title and password.
     c. When I fill all those in, I get a message “Email already in use”.
     d. Therefore, I have no way to Attend a session!
4. Why would I have to enter all this information if I’m already logged in?

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Advice from our events team:

Now that you have completed the registration process, you can then view and select the sessions you want to attend, by clicking on “Attend” to register for each session, then use your personal “BrightTalk” account credentials (or create a new account), NOT the login credentials you created for the Security Congress Registration Platform.  This is how you will accrue your CPE’s. This includes the Career Coaching, Networking and Engagement session and the Keynote presentations, but not the Solutions Theater sessions.

Since we are offering a virtual event and understand the limitation you have in an 8 hour work day, we have structured the event in such a way that you can watch all sessions at your convenience after they have been rolled out.  While there is a schedule that will allow earning credits each day, you will have 365 days to watch all breakout sessions and 60 days for keynotes and earn up to 45+ CPE’s.  

You can earn Group A CPEs by participating in (ISC)² Security Congress sessions. For each session you attend for at least 40+ minutes, you will earn 1 hour of participation related to the credential domains which equals 1 CPE. CPEs may be reported in 0.25, 0.50 and 0.75 increments. Depending on what you choose to watch throughout the day will determine how many CPE’s you can earn. We will have 3 sessions a day in 5 different rooms which works out to 45 sessions over a 3 day period if you watch them all. There will also be additional sessions that such as Town Hall and Keynotes that will also have assigned CPE’s which could add to your CPE consumption.

(ISC)² Security Congress CPEs will be automatically added into your record. Post event, we will receive monthly reporting which will provide us that month’s additional CPEs earned.  Our team will update member accounts accordingly.  In the event you have issues, please contact Member Support for assistance.

ISC2 Community Manager
ericgeater
Community Champion

I downloaded an app, but it only shows the 2019 Security Congress.  Did I download the wrong app?

--
"A claim is as good as its veracity."
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

The app is being updated and will be ready on Friday. Apologies for the confusion! So you won't need to download another app. On Friday you should be able to see 2020 added to the app. 

ISC2 Community Manager
ericgeater
Community Champion

Thank you!!

--
"A claim is as good as its veracity."