Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaity
Community Manager

Announcement – HCISPP to be sunset

Following an evaluation of the (ISC)² certification portfolio, (ISC)² has determined that HCISPP no longer meets the criteria to remain a (ISC)² certification program. Given this decision, the HCISPP certification program will be discontinued and will be designated an inactive credential effective three years from the date of the final exam: December 1, 2026

You can learn more at https://www.isc2.org/notice/HCISPP-Sunset

If you were considering the HCISPP as a certification, you may still proceed with your exam until December 1, 2023.

However, we recommend either the entry-level Certified in Cybersecurity certification or the Healthcare Certificates as an alternative.

12 Replies
riffjim4069
Newcomer III

ISC2 recently renaming the Certified Authorization Profession (CAP) certification to Certified Governance, Risk, and Compliance (CGRC) and changing some of the focus away from FISMA and towards GRC.  Don't get me wrong, I've held the CAP since 2008 when it was known as the Certification and Accreditation Profession (CAP) but it's gotten almost zero respect outside of a small Government FISMA community.  Honestly, after 30-years, I left the Defense/Government community and I've met exactly zero (0) CAPs in the public sector.  I was afraid this would disappear long-ago.  Personally, I think it will now better complete with, or compliment, the CRISC certification.  We shall see. 

ALKahn10
Newcomer III

You mentioned CISSP Concentrations - I think the problem with them is there is no CBK that can be purchased.  For CISSP, CCSP, SSCP and others we have study materials readily available.  With the Concentrations there is no path to them other than heavy NIST/ISO/PMBOK reads.  Spending 2.6k on an official class is too big of an entry.  I'd study for ISSEP if they updated the CBK or released a study guide.

ISC2 suffers from many certifications not having a maintained printed study guide and CBK.

---
Andrew L. Kahn, CISSP, CCSP, CEH
Ham Radio Callsign: WA8LIV
gidyn
Contributor III

They should give up on the CBK for concentrations and just promote the recommended references. They're fine for self-study, although some of the older references should probably be retired.