Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moorerl
Newcomer III

Would Like to do a Presention

I am not sure why, I placed a post about a presentation that I would like to do on behalf of ISC2, maybe at a Chapter meeting, the post was marked as spam and taken down. That is a little confusing to me. Maybe I provided too much detail?

I am new to ISC2 and am excited about my step foward here. I an axiously awaiting validation for the CGRC certification.

I would like to present to members as a member. Not looking for fame or fortune. :^)

I have worked in a payment card industry related role for 14 years. I have learned much and in the spirit of "Protect society, the common good, necessary public trust and confidence, and the infrastructure," I would like to share some of my knowledge. 

I see much confusion about rules in the market place related to protecting consumer payment card data, not so much from a technical perspective, but from a perspective of rules of the road designed by card brand.

Is this the wrong place to express my wish to contribute to the good of the cause? 

4 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Seems like a good idea to find and join your local chapter, once you’ve got your bearings you can ask them.
emb021
Advocate I

Get involved with your local chapter.

Ask them their procedure for members to give presentations.

Also consider local BSides conferences you can present at.  I present at 3 different BSides in my state.

There are also other local orgs & event you can also present at.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
moorerl
Newcomer III

Thank you for the reply. What is "BSides?"

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Security B-Sides follow the unconference format of attendees providing content/sharing. They can be pretty flash or quite basic - always fun.

https://www.bsidessg.org/