Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AaronRamey
Viewer

Volunteers Needed for Cybersecurity Framework Research Study

Recruitment_Flyer.jpgWaived_Dissertation_Consent_Form_Page_1.jpgWaived_Dissertation_Consent_Form_Page_2.jpgWaived_Dissertation_Consent_Form_Page_3.jpg

Greetings,

My name is Aaron Ramey and I am currently conducting research as a Ph.D. student at the College of Computing and Engineering at Nova Southeastern University.

As part of my Ph.D. program, I am conducting the following research. Your participation would be greatly appreciated.

Research Title: Using Ontological Methods to Compare Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification 2.0 and COBIT 19

Your experience and expertise are needed. Do you:

- Have experience in the use of at least one cybersecurity framework (e.g. NIST CSF, NIST RMF, CMMC 2.0, COBIT 19, ISO/IEC 27001, GDPR, FISMA, etc.)?

- Have at least one cybersecurity related certification?

- Can volunteer up to 60 minutes of your time?

The goal of this research is to add knowledge in the support of improving reciprocity between two cybersecurity frameworks; Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies (COBIT) 19 and the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC 2.0). Improving reciprocity between these two frameworks will help small business improve their opportunities and add value to the Defense Industrial Base (DIB).

While you are taking part in this research study, you will be part of a four-step process. The first step while be an online survey that will measure basic demographic information. The second step will be an online survey on your current perception of COBIT 19, CMMC 2.0, and RDF. The third step will be a presentation of basic ontologies developed from COBIT 19 and CMMC 2.0 using RDF triplet formatting. A similarity score will be used to measure any similarity between any relevant security controls from each cybersecurity framework. The fourth step will be a final online survey measuring your perception of the RDF process used and your perception of the value of this process to your organization or other organizations within the DIB.

There will be no compensation for your participation in this study but your consideration for participation in this research study is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and we look forward to your inputs.

V/R

Principal Investigator: Aaron M. Ramey

Email: ar2947@mynsu.nova.edu      

Nova Southeastern University

2 Replies
PRASADNC
Viewer

Hello Team,

Happy to collaborate and support this research. 

Thanks 

AaronRamey
Viewer

Wonderful!

Participation is as simple as completing the one-time anonymous survey. Please proceed to the link on page 3 after reviewing the Waived Consent Form. Thank you!