Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mustaphaoshoala
Newcomer I

Questionnaire for Investigating AI-Enabled Cyber Threats in Financial Institutions targeted

Hi Participant,
I am conducting a survey as part of a MSc postgraduate project in cybersecurity technology in the UK.

The target audience is cybersecurity and IT professionals in the financial sector.
The aim of this research endeavor is to examine the cyber threats that are facilitated by artificial intelligence in financial institutions and to suggest efficacious strategies for detecting, preventing, and mitigating such threats. The project endeavors to formulate pragmatic suggestions that financial institutions can adopt to enhance their cyber-security defences by scrutinising case studies, detection techniques, prevention strategies, and mitigation measures.
• The survey is about 5–7 minutes.
• Details are completely anonymous
Am extremely grateful for your valuable time, your honest information, and your thoughtful suggestions.
Thank you.

Please see the link to the Microsoft form

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=3c9X5zUfV0Svj3ycaxQ340vRFu2wOxRCnxA8Fn25KzNURVZW...

10 Replies
ericgeater
Community Champion

My name is Eric, not "Participant".  I'm not clicking on your link, because I don't know who you are, either.

-----------
A claim is as good as its veracity.
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

At least have the common decency to use mail merge on your spam! 🙂
mustaphaoshoala
Newcomer I

Thanks,can you please 🙏 explain better?Sent from my Galaxy
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@mustaphaoshoala    I think the community is just informing you, that you need to provide a little background on what your request actually is and why you are requesting this information.  What your background is and why you asking them to complete your survey.

These days you could be a a Chat bot and generating automatic responses - so we are a little paranoid about requests and their trustworthiness.

At this time of year, everyone has to be so careful about who is making the request, why and from which source.  There are so many scams going on this year, that everyone is on edge and having to double check each request to ensure that the request is legitimate and coming from a safe and trusted source.

So, if you want volunteers, just make your request with a little more background about you, and what will happen to the information obtained and what contribution you are making to the security community etc.

By the way, I completed your survey.

Many thanks

Regards

Caute_Cautim

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

As Cautious Caution points out it’s just that.

In the old days marketing people would create bulk mail outs using the Mail merge function in Outlook to create many emails from a single template, and spam was different but still common. “Candidate” looks like a placeholder for a variable.

Generally with forum spam you look for new accounts with few posts.

Lastly in the old days spammers would make lots of mistakes as English was not a first language for many - nowadays spelling mistakes or inappropriate forms of address are used as a filter to ensure the respondents are less sophisticated.
ericgeater
Community Champion

Gotta hand it to @Early_Adopter for explaining what the name @Caute_cautim means.  Apparently I haven't gotten that far in my Latin language lessons on Duolingo.

Caute, you deserve a pat on the back for being so supportive.

-----------
A claim is as good as its veracity.
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Heh, Caveat Emptor I could well be wrong…
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@ericgeater    If you use the World Dictionary it actually means "Cautiously, with Security".   In Latin of course.

Hence the reason I chose it in the first place than my own boring name.

Regards

Caute_Cautim

mustaphaoshoala
Newcomer I

Thanks, Caute, for the clarifications and the advice. It is well appreciated.

My impression was that I had done enough introduction. However, my name is Mustapha, and I am a member of the platform and a postgraduate student at a UK university. I need to seek the opinions of cyber security experts on the evolving cyber threat. I would be very grateful if you could help me with the survey.

Regards

Mustapha