Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmekelburg1
Community Champion

Enterprise Mobile Device Deployment Lifecycle

I was doing some research on updating policies today and I came across the Enterprise Mobile Device Deployment Lifecycle referenced in NIST SP 800-124 rev.2 "Guidelines for Managing the Security of Mobile Devices in the Enterprise".

I don't believe I've ever heard of this lifecycle before but I did find a detailed account of it here: http://www.ittoday.info/ITPerformanceImprovement/Articles/2013-07Keyes.html 

Does anyone know of where it originated from and if the lifecycle descriptions can be found in an original source? Is it still maintained?

3 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

Based on the small print at the bottom of the page:

Certain names and logos on this page and others may constitute trademarks, servicemarks, or tradenames of Taylor & Francis LLC. Copyright © 2008—2013 Taylor & Francis LLC. All rights reserved.

I am going to take a guess that this may have been an article in one of their books or journals.

I have seen the NIST document but not this.

Sorry

d

tmekelburg1
Community Champion

No worries, i was just trying to figure out where NIST got this lifecycle from. I would think it would be more well known if they refer to it in their Special Publication. 

dcontesti
Community Champion

I believe you will find that NIST has folks that would have created/documented the lifecycle.

Each NIST document typically has a list of authors.