Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

IAPP Global Summit DC

There's no privacy board here so I'll post this under GDPR.

If anyone is in DC at the end of the month for the IAPP sumit:

iapp.org/conference/global-privacy-summit-2018/

And fancies a libation(appropriately I will bring some PIM(M)S) feel free to post here or PM me.

The sessions and speakers are good and with two months to the GDPR it's a good chance to seclect a goodprivacy laywer from the hundreds on display before they all become extremely busy... 😉

Would be nice to establish a security precticioners phalanx on the fringe.

2 Replies
JNoltensmeyer
Viewer

I'll be at the IAPP Global Summit in a couple weeks. Not sure about PIMM's specifically, but I'm definitely up for sharing a libation or two.  I love attending IAPP events - watching the security and privacy folks warily dance around each other is always good sport.

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Excellent, hope to see you there

Agreed, It's very good sport. Maybe we can advocate for pervasive mass eavesdropping of everything, but all data is encrypted and no session keys are saved, but if the security people can do acoustic cryptanalysis from ten meters away with the beastie boys playing in the background they can keep whatever they have storage for? 😛

Beyond privacy vs security, my favorite gambit is to find a large group of lawyers and then over drinks loudly opine that I don't think lawyers should be DPOs. There are some very good reasons why someone with a legal hat on finds risk-based propositions difficult so that levels the playing field a little.