Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leroux
Community Champion

GOOGLE GDPR POLICY UNDER FIRE FROM (MORE) TRADE BODIES, INCLUDING IAB FRANCE

A French revolution of sorts is brewing among several trade bodies representing publishers, ad tech, agencies and marketers that are upset over Google and its GDPR practices.

The groups—which include the Interactive Advertising Bureau France, the Union of Advertisers, the Union of Consulting and Media Buying Companies, the Union of Internet Registries and the Online Services Publishers Group—sent a letter to Google on Friday arguing that the tech company's implementation of GDPR has created a major negative impact on revenue and costs for all players in the digital ad ecosystem. A meeting between the two parties is taking place Tuesday in Paris.

see more

1 Reply
Flyslinger2
Community Champion

I am no fan of Google, but in this situation I'm behind them 100%.

It was Europe that instituted GDPR and forced it down the throats of everyone world-wide.  I'm assuming that Google is wanting to take it SLOWLY because they are not interested in having huge fines levied against them for an unforeseen misstep. 

Maybe these European companies should have lobbied a little harder to have some sense and sensibility woven into this process.  Their revenue streams are getting thrashed, their customers are not happy that the promised click-throughs are not being generated but data is safe! (NOT)