Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul200310
Newcomer III

GDPR can start litigation against this anonymity of facebook.

We still facing challenges while people using facebook.com. Public place user still opening unsolicited video, picture.

Why not facebook block all this content at there server side.Now a day is very difficult to open facebook open place, in front of family member ether.

There is no control over facebook world wide. 

GDPR can start litigation against this anonymity of facebook.

Cyber
2 Replies
mgoblue93
Contributor I

Can you explain more please...

Under what section of GDPR can some or all of the EU sue FB?  

> Public place user still opening unsolicited

> video, picture

I get advertisements on my FB wall but I still have a choice to view them or not.  It's completely possible to NOT view a video you don't want to view.  FB even gives you an option to delete the video from your wall. Can you give an example of what you meant by this statement please.

Now a day is very difficult to open facebook open place, in

> front of family member ether

Are you saying there is adult/criminal material being PUSHED to you on FB?  How?  Can you give examples -- as this notion is really confusing.

> There is no control over facebook world wide. 

Nor should there be.  Free speech is definitely complicated but generally once the slippery slope of gov't sanctioning of what is or is not acceptable happens, there's no return form that.  Governments only take.  Governments don't give back.

Your "control" is to elect to use it or to not use it.  If you are a member and delete your profile, and FB still uses that data, then I could see where that would be a clear violation of GDPR.

Are you posting about FB because of current events?  Because I assure you this has been going on for 20 years with Zuckerberg if you know the true history.  Let's have a cogent discussion about Zuckerberg:

For the predecessor to FB, he hacked Harvard's servers (which is a felony), stole pictures of women, and set up a tournament of who's hotter online.

Now we're supposed to believe privacy is a thing? Since when? Privacy is nowhere in FB's heritage! 

As an aside, and in this day of TimesUp and MeToo, where is the outrage for how Zuckerberg treats women -- or do people give him a free pass because their politics are aligned with the veneer of Zuckerberg's politics?

paul200310
Newcomer III

AI would be the best solution here. Why not FB team identify any breath prior to an incident being take place. They should maintained security posture of an user identity. Once they found some fishy activity quarantine that user immediately from FB unless identify below points.

W=Who

W=What

W=When

H-How

FB useing some free toll like Snort, Suricate, Bro kind of IPS so why not include AI with this.

Cyber