Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flyingboy
Newcomer III

European Commission Q & A - GDPR

1 Reply
kratzy11
Newcomer II

This is interesting, but maybe more for the in between lines content. I am sensing an emphasis on the common market and cross-border business. The stipulations about children make sense, the note about politician statements is interesting and the bit about retention based on contract and law will be reassuring to a lot of companies in healthcare and finance. But to me, the emphasis on cross-border and one market - I am wondering whether that is a take that US response to the initial and still present fear of the US government supporting tariffs against imports. Reading some German political magazines, the fear of German cars being taxed out of competition was real when the new government took over in DC.

Sorry, this has less to do with IT - but I found it interesting. One the IT front, it will be nice to have one common law regarding data protection and breach notification, but I am still doubtful whether there will not be some room for interpretation. I could envision a scenario in which countries in the EU hope to gain a benefit by possibly interpreting the law more in favor of the corporation and thereby hoping to attract business.