cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vicknesh
Viewer

booked Normal CISSP instead of Associate ISC2

Hi All,

I booked CISSP exam for next month and procceed with the payment.
I just realised I should have choose under Associate of (ISC)2. How can i change it?  

this are the question i wrongly answered,

"Are you applying to take the Associate of (ISC)2? For more information about the Associate of (ISC)2 program please go to: https://www.isc2.org/associates/default.aspx"

I choosed "No"  but need to change to "YES" as i dont have enough experience.

kindly advise. 
thanks

3 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

The exam and the cost for the exam are the same regardless of what you selected for that question. The only difference is what happens if you pass the exam.

Had you selected yes, upon passing the exam, you are sent an email asking for the Associate annual maintenance fee of $50. After you pay the fee, you are granted Associate status.

As you have selected no, if you pass the exam, you will be sent an email inviting you to go through the endorsement process.

At that point you can opt to become an Associate in the endorsement portal, after which you will be sent an email asking for the Associate annual maintenance fee of $50. After you pay the fee, you are granted Associate status.

The main difference between the two paths is in the timing. Going the way you have will be slightly slower.

vicknesh
Viewer

Thanks Alec,
Now i can focus on the exam preparation peacefully !
BrianF
Newcomer III

Contact ISC2 and inform them of the mistake. I think all of this is processed afterward so you are not going to accidentally get the certification status without being sponsored and proof of experience.