Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FsK
Newcomer I

Unable to get answer from support

I've been trying to get support for 3 days, about a problem with the exam payment.

After several phone calls, someone finally answered with a brief 'we will call you back' - No calls received

Emails to info-emea@isc2 and adminlearn@isc2 didn't even get an 'email received, we are working on it' reply

The website chat, radio silence too

Is there someone on the other side? How on earth can someone get a reply from ISC2 support?

I am very frustrated and seriously considering giving up on CISSP and moving on to CISM / ISACA right now...

PS: What I did receive was a customer support satisfaction survey... Something is really broken in the process

21 Replies
FsK
Newcomer I

Thank you @Kaity

My first step was to call the EMEA support number, which I obtained from the 'contact us' page. All the support I got there was someone saying that they would call back, and this call has not arrived yet.

The info-emea@ email was my assumption that it would be tied to my world region support number dialed as explained above. If this was a wrong address to contact, a reply stating that they could not help would have been appreciated (not a single reply has been received)

The adminlearn@ email is the one that is displayed when the purchase fails: "Please try again, if this error persists please contact us (adminlearn@isc2.org) for assistance" - Also no reply received 

The web chat not receiving a reply and closing the conversation is also interesting, since it is only activated when there is an available agent.

All of the above steps happened on December 20.

The only thing that has worked has been filling the online form. We have exchanged several emails trying to explain what happened and asking for screen captures of something that I could not replicate because the 'peace of mind offer' was not available anymore. Now that the offer is again available and the problem persists, I sent the screen capture with the error message and the solution provided has been to call the EMEA support number. Back to square one, two weeks after.

While I understand that the holiday season slows down response times, I think that everyone would agree that the overall support experience is quite poor, and very easily addressable:

- Auto reply in emails: 'Please understand that it's holiday season and replies may take up to 10 business days' - And don't leave emails unanswered after that

- If you say someone that they will receive a call, tell them that it may happen in 10 business days, and it should be in someone's list of pending tasks

- If you detect webchat sessions being closed without interaction from the support side, send an automated follow-up email with instructions

- Above all, do not send customer support satisfaction surveys until the issue has been marked as solved.

I will call the EMEA number again and see if I can finally get my voucher

Kaity
Community Manager

I understand, @FsK. I apologize for the chat issues you experienced and I will share that information with our manager for that team to look into, as well as the details of the error you are experiencing to ensure you are able to speak with someone from the team. 

FsK
Newcomer I

Hello @Kaity and apologies for bringing this up again. I am still unable to get any type of support. It's not that it's good or bad, it's simply non-existing. 

I called the EMEA support number on Jan 5: "We will call you back in 10 minutes" - Still waiting

I emailed MemberSupport@isc2.org on Jan 8: No reply for the moment

I called again the EMEA support number on Jan 11: Many apologies, understanding of the situation, but yet again a "we will call you right away" and the calls never arrive

It's surreal that I cannot give ISC2 1000$ no matter how hard I try. Not to mention the faulty payment platform and the lack of support, for an organization this big. It makes me wonder if this is the support received when I'm trying to give you my money, how will it be when I need other more basic things?

Trying to solve this issue since December 20, today is January 12.

Edit: Also tried a dozen times the web chat: nobody at the other side, chat window closes after 15-20 minutes or when I dare to change the focus to another application for more than one minute

Kaity
Community Manager

Hello @FsK - I've been in touch with several teams today as we look into the issue you are experiencing and try to figure out the best solution.

FsK
Newcomer I

Thank you @Kaity. Finally someone reached out today, but it wasn't needed anymore. I had to fix it on my own by creating a new bank account and getting a new card from another entity, based in another country. Whatever the issue was, I changed as many factors as I could and it finally worked.

Kaity
Community Manager

I'm sorry you had to do so much to get to complete your purchase. I can assure you I have raised your issue to management. 

dcontesti
Community Champion

@Early_Adopter Not sure why this came up today but to answer your question.  NO  I would not expect a question on the exam related to the responsibility of the Board in relation to the correct functioning of the online system.

HOWEVER, I do expect that the board (who only have one employee and is responsible for their compensation), to alert that management of a continuing issue with the support system.

Folks seem to forget the Board are the elected members who are supposed to be "Eyes in and Fingers out".  SO if there is a continuing issue with Member Support, the Board should be asking their one employee what is being done to correct that issue.  And folks also forget that the Members and not management own the organizaiton.

d

iamTosin
Newcomer I

"Not authorized Not authorized Error: Not authorized You are not authorized to view the page you are trying to reach. If you believe you encountered this page in error, and that you should have access to the resource you are trying to access, contact technical support."

@Kaity  Above is the message I got most times I tried logging in to the ISC2 main page with my profile, While I can't access my course content on the course platform... I don't know what is happening; it's not clickable for me to further my self-study. All efforts to reach your support team via mail proved abortive, as no one was replying to my emails, and neither was the chatbot helpful.  Kindly help look into this, as I am having my exam in a week and my course is no longer available.

iamTosin
Newcomer I

"Not authorized Not authorized Error: Not authorized You are not authorized to view the page you are trying to reach. If you believe you encountered this page in error, and that you should have access to the resource you are trying to access, contact technical support."

Above is the message I got most times I tried logging in to the ISC2 main page with my profile, While I can't access my course content on the course platform... I don't know what is happening; it's not clickable for me to further my self-study. All efforts to reach your support team via mail proved abortive, as no one was replying to my emails, and neither was the chat bot helpful.  Kindly help look into this, as I am having my exam in a week and my course is no longer available.

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Try giving them a call:

https://www.isc2.org/contact-us

I was able to get through recently.