Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lechehebsamia
Viewer II

URGENT! Need help !

I failed the free exam of certif cc ISC2.

So, i would to retake it .

Can I apply for another free voucher or retake with same old promocode?

Please i help me , i don't understand what i will do ?

25 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

Please read the FAQ.  https://www.isc2.org/Landing/1MCC 

cloudneuf
Viewer

From my research, if you didn't purchase the exam protection with 1 year free membership aka $199 at checkout, you risked your FIRST free exam if you were to fail. Sorry it would take some time to accept but you need to pay $199 now to get another chance to take the exam again. I would suggest you explore more studying material than what the ISC provided in my experience.

JoePete
Advocate I

I believe as indicated on the FAQs, there is not free retake of the exam, unless you have paid for an upgraded "bundle of extras." Your free promo code will not work again.

Especially given that the target audience of the CC program is an inexperienced population, I find some of the marketing a little unsettling. I think the (ISC)2 board should take a good look at how this program is being administered. Especially as a new, unestablished cert., offering one free retake, wouldn't be out of place. If it is out of place for financial reasons, then it only underscores my concern about the marketing.

dcontesti
Community Champion

@JoePete I almost agree with you except for the fact that each exam that is taken (free or not) has an associated cost to it.

(ISC)2 will need to pay Pearson $$ for their time and facilities. So the 1 Million free exams do have an internal operating cost associated with them.

Do I think it could have been planned better.....probably but then we can say that about almost anything.

I suggest that ANYONE thinking about doing ANYTHING should read all the fine print and in this case, it says, one free exam, after that there is a cost.

Just my nickel

d

denbesten
Community Champion

@JoePete wrote:

CC program ... offering one free retake, wouldn't be out of place.

I have long thought that across-the-board retakes should be discounted to nearly the variable-cost for administering the exam - In other words, about what PearsonVue charges.

If it is out of place for financial reasons...

My guess is that "free retake" would double or triple the budget for 1MCC.  Per the 2022 annual report, CC was awarded 8,000 times and the exam was taken 25,000 times in its first (partial) year, so a pass-rate of 1 in 3.  

the marketing 

Most marketing (not just (ISC)²) does fall victim to the "anyone can cook" mentality.   One tends to interpret it as "anyone can become a great chef", but the intended meaning (in the movie) is that anyone can achieve a base level of competency.  

The big gotcha in my mind with CC is that it is targeted towards recent graduates, who's experience with exams is a "comprehension test" for the training materials.  But all (ISC)² exams are general knowledge test with a dose of critical thinking skills thrown in.  I have long thought it would be helpful to develop a sample certification exam done in the style of the actual questions and using the PearsonVue test engine.... but using a completely different topic, such as "the 7 wonders of the world" to help candidates better understand this distinction.

Hopeless_Spirit
Newcomer I

That's a real shame but don't give up!

According the C in C Website:

You are only permitted one free attempt at the CC exam through the One Million Certified in Cybersecurity pledge. If you would like to attempt the exam again, we recommend purchasing a training bundle and exam together. You can see the available options at isc2.org/cc-bundles

So you will have to purchase future attempts.

The resources on the ISC2 website are pretty thorough and the practice exam that is available a great resource to judge if you're about ready.  I found the CC exam really interesting because a lot of the time there is a Correct answer and the Correct Answer the ISC2 want which quite the eye opener and re-watching the Free Content put me in a great position to pass.

It's a shame that its such a new exam so there aren't any retired exam questions on the Zap App like there are for the CISSP exam.

Take advantage of the C in C Exam Readiness webinar that is run and you can ask ISC2 team questions directly (no guarantee they can get to all the questions in the hour but they do cover many).......

JoePete
Advocate I

@dcontesti wrote:

@JoePete I almost agree with you except for the fact that each exam that is taken (free or not) has an associated cost to it.

(ISC)2 will need to pay Pearson $$ for their time and facilities. So the 1 Million free exams do have an internal operating cost associated with them.

And I probably agree with you more than almost ;). There most certainly is a cost with each exam taken. I note that our administrative expenses rose significantly (~$10 million) in 2022, and that would seem to coincide with the CC initiative and handing out all these vouchers (but I doubt this expense increase is exclusively the CC).

But to me, those financial issues are secondary to whether we are exploiting a certain inexperienced population, who may be reading our marketing in a secondary or translated language. Keep in mind this is an adaptive test, marketed at people with no professional security experience. In retrospect, maybe a free retake is not a viable answer, but when I see posts like the original, it puts me in an apologetic mindset.

I note the first line of the marketing of the CC: "See yourself in cybersecurity. You don’t need experience ..." I don't know if that came from the board, management, or Prof. Harold Hill, but the recognition of experience was the driving principle behind the (ISC)2. We seem to be selling a message that I find is untrue in my experience (see, there's that word again). By the same token, though, the industry already had plenty of affordable entry-level certifications, ones better established and benchmarked than the CC. Maybe with time, the CC will find its place alongside those, but until that happens, is our marketing aligning with reality?

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

@dcontesti, I've seen it written that cost of exam to organization is around thirty bucks, and you might negotiate economies of scale. If that's accurate revenue wise AFMs would cover it and those margins are not so bad.

@JoePete "See yourself wrestling or shooing bears? Small ones, fluffy, not so dangerous (compared to big ones...or Jaguars) no experience needed..." In fact... if you had the experience, you wouldn't do it, but move up to the bear adjacently, and have veterinarian subdue it with tranquilizers.

Right now, for most people I couldn't recommend CC as a very distant third choice behind Security+ and ISC2's SSCP, just because these advertised for in job adds. If you think about breaking into security, you started with some experience of technical, break fix, sysadmin, service desk, scaring bears away from your HF antenna that you'd just spent too long setting up etc -so yeah you'll probably struggle to get a sniff at any genuine good security role without experience.

It feels like priming people to go over the top with an unrealistic expectation, and well, this generation of CCs sacrifice will make it easier for those that follow...

dcontesti
Community Champion

@Early_Adopter I am in full agreement that the CC is a distant cousin to Security+ and the SSCP and potentially sets those who take it up for failure.    I admit, I have never been in favour of the CC.........personally, I would not hire anyone that has zero experience and the CC.  They would not fit into my shop.  I have several SSCPs and one Security+ and they are all on a VERY steep learning curve and most likely will specialize in Firewalls or third party tools.

d