Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbreeze
Viewer II

Time limit for rescheduling

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, I couldn't see one.

The ISC2 and Pearson Vue websites both state that once scheduled, you have up to 365 days to reschedule and sit the exam.  E.g. "Once scheduled you have up to 365 days to sit for your exam. Failure to sit for your examination within 365 days will result in a no show and forfeiture of all exam and rescheduling fees." (Pearson Vue terms)

I would just like to be clear on exactly what this means - does this mean you must sit the exam within 365 days of registering, or within 365 days of the date it you originally scheduled the exam for?  I suspect it means the former, although the latter would be very helpful in terms of exam preparation time.

Thanks for your help.

2 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

Good question, but I do wonder why one would let somebody else hold onto their $750 for over a year.  Better to put it in the bank and earn some interest.  Plus, no risk of forfeit or paying "reschedule" ($50) or "cancel"($100) fees.

When I started studying, I looked into how far ahead the next available appointment was and then waited to schedule until I was that far away from ready.

tbreeze
Viewer II

That's a fair point.  In my case I scheduled the exam to create some urgency and ensure I would put sufficient effort into studying.  Unfortunately a number of significant and unanticipated work projects meant I couldn't guarantee I would be ready in time, so would prefer to reschedule with as much contingency built in as possible.