Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lamont29
Community Champion

The CISSP is STILL difficult...

The CISSP exam is a very difficult test to pass and no value is lost with the adaptive version of the exam. Those who laud the long form of the exam are kidding yourselves that today’s version of the exam is easier. I have a litany of certifications and throughout my career I have taken the traditional versions of some of those exams. The traditional version of most exams offers an advantage that adaptive does not. When you are sitting for an exam, you would normally come across a test question that you are unsure of. Then, later in the test, there would be questions that will reinforce an answer that you would have gotten wrong earlier in the test, but you were allowed to go back and change your answer. With the adaptive test, you better be certain of the answer because you cannot go back and change ANYTHING! Shall we bottle up the testosterone, put it in long-term storage and stop competing with one another about who were the better test takers? That’s not as important as one’s commitment to life-long learning after certification – let’s discuss that more.

Lamont Robertson
M.S., M.A., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CDPSE, MCSE
1 Reply
Radioteacher
Community Champion

Lamont,

I agree, adaptive exams are just as hard as the long form tests. 

Also, I like the fact that I cannot go back and review.  In countless practice tests over the years, I have a demonstrated propensity to change a correct answer to a wrong answer.  It happens in over 60% of the practice tests I have taken in this manner.  

When using a practice test, I practice like I play so I do not go back and review.

Have a great day,

Paul