cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scasc
Newcomer II

SSCP after CISSP

Hi all,

Has anyone obtained the SSCP after CISSP? Appreciate it’s a stepping stone to obtaining it but I’ve been recommended to look at it as I’m keen to further enhance my technical knowledge aa my role entails undertaking technical assurance assessments.

Have 20 years experience and lots of other certs but just keen to I) keep up CPE’s and II) enhance technical knowledge for work related reasons.

From what I see SSCP is pretty much for someone with only 1 year experience, so not sure if it goes into depth regarding technicality. I obtained CISSP 10 years ago.

I did look at CGRC but from what I can tell it’s RMF process related, I’m looking to enhance knowledge of technical security controls as part of my work in undertaking security architecture and assurance assessments.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance.
14 Replies
SebastienFr
Newcomer I

Hello All,

Scasc, what did you decide in the end ? Did you take the SSCP ?

I have the same questions, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if anyone has any input on CCISO cert, it would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

scasc
Newcomer II

Hi,

I never did the SSCP in the end as I have been told its more for beginners. 

I have done the CCISO cert, so if you have any questions let me know. It was an interesting cert and covered key aspects of what a CISO would get involved with. Things like day 1 security governance, day 2 finance, day 3 project management etc etc. 

SebastienFr
Newcomer I

Thank you your answer; I do also think SSCP is not a good answer after CISSP.

So, is the CCISO cert difficulat after CISSP (and CSSP)? Do you have any suggestions ?

Thank you for your help.

scasc
Newcomer II

Good to know thanks.
CCISO is tailored for a different market if compared to CISSP/CCSP. Its specifically covering CISO level topics such as risk, compliance, governance, finance etc. If your role needs such skills then its a good one to explore, otherwise little point.
I have found the SANS courses the best personally out of everyone as they have some great ones catering for different audiences.

SebastienFr
Newcomer I

Thank you for your feeback on CCISO domains and also the information about SANS training.