Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jumblerr
Newcomer I

Question on retake of exam: Timing after 1st attempt

( I already searched for an answer but couldn't find it here Smiley Happy

I failed the CISSP-ISSEP exam on February 28th, I plan to retake this exam ASAP

Understanding the 30-day exclusion period, when would that end? Is it from the day you attempted, or some other metric? Want to confirm before I reschedule and find out it wasn't done right.

Also, do I have to wait for any kind of further notification from ISC2 before rescheduling?

12 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@amandavanceISC2 - Thanks Amanda! For curiosity's sake, could you clarify the requirements for subsequent attempts if you fail an exam for the 3rd time please?

Does that mean the person would need to wait 180 days between each attempt from then on?

amandavanceISC2

@AlecTrevelyan Not a problem! After the third exam attempt, you would have to wait 180 days to take the exam again. Then if you fail the fourth attempt, it will revert back to the original wait period (30/90/180 or 90/90/180). For example, if the candidate failed the third attempt at the CISSP, they would wait 180 days for the fourth attempt and if that attempt is failed, the fifth attempt would be 30 days. Important to remember though, you can only take an exam 3 times in one calendar year.

Best Regards,

Amanda

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Unexpected but interesting - thanks Amanda!