Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Takeshi
Newcomer I

Provisionally passed the CISSP exam

I have "provisionally passed" the CISSP exam.  I wonder if all passes are provisional?  Is there any direct pass?  How long do I have to wait for the final result?  Thank you.

7 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

All passes are Provisional.  This means that you passed the exam.  CONGRATS

The next step is to submit you paperwork and endorsements attesting to your experience level.  I have heard that this step can take four to six weeks for processing.

d

denbesten
Community Champion

Yes, all passes are provisional.  Official results are emailed out a few days/week later.  

See this URL for details about what goes on behind the scenes.

https://www.isc2.org/exams/after-your-exam

Takeshi
Newcomer I

My exam ended after Q125. Does that mean I was doing well?
denbesten
Community Champion

@Takeshi wrote:
My exam ended after Q125. Does that mean I was doing well?

It is graded pass/fail.  You will never receive a score. It is best that way, because we are both CISSPs (or will be) and therefore equals. 

Releasing scores would result in claims that I am the "better" CISSP because I got a greater score.

That said, one can hypothesize that since CAT exams end when they are confident in your outcome that the longer it takes, the closer you are to the line.

rifandynugroho
Newcomer I

have any update on your exam?

how many days final results released by pearson vue / isc?

Takeshi
Newcomer I

Finally got the "you have passed the CISSP examination" email from ISC2 on 22 Nov, 23 days after the exam.

Takeshi
Newcomer I

Finally got the "you have passed the CISSP examination" email from ISC2 on 22 Nov, 23 days after the exam.