Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ichire
Viewer II

Pearson VUE exam center for Nigerians

Hi everyone I’m new to cybersecurity but I just completed the CC course and would like to register for the exam. I went on the Pearson VUE site to search for centers in Nigeria that I can go for the exam and the closest one to my location is in Port harcourt.

However where I find it confusing is the tab labelled “select a qualification”, from the drop down I can see is Edexcel, pls I don’t know if the CC exam falls under this qualification, can anyone clarify for me? Thanks
12 Replies
Debola
Viewer

Hello. I am also interested in exam centres in Nigeria. Please share.
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

@Debola, yes that’s the idea I feel, around four test centres between 220 million… 😛

Looking at my previous interactions I think you’ll need to contact someone in Nigeria who has taken the CC. It’s important to not start the free trial until you know you can travel to (I think) Lagos or Abuja before the time window for the free exam runs out(you’ll be spending 50 USD on the AMFs but potentially 3 or 4 times that on travel, a hotel and food(the way the Naira seems to be going this seems relative less expensive).

Anyway good luck and do try asking folk who have passed in Nigeria - given the cost of travel and AMFs recurring every year you might consider the google and IBM/ISC 2 certs - with “financial aid” from Coursera you can do both for potentially under 50 bucks and they’ll help with both CC and Security+ which you may also need to travel for.
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

PS - for ISC2 the problem is not so much numbers of test centres but geographical availability, Nigeria is pretty big, and potentially dangerous, so not being able to get to a centre and back in a day restricts access, especially for potentially vulnerable groups.