cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tchotchkes
Viewer II

Passing multiple ISC2 Exams as an Associate

Hello All,

Recently I passed the CISSP exam and have become an Associate of ISC(2). I plan on studying for the CCSP and anticipate taking the exam before I would have gained the required experience to become certified.

Having read that the CISSP certification negates the required work experience of the CCSP certification, what work experience would I need to submit if I were to pass the CCSP exam while in the "Associate of ISC(2) stage"? 

I appreciate any insight the community can provide!

Thanks

1 Reply
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

As you're an Associate of ISC2 and not a CISSP yet, you'd need to submit all 5 years' worth of CCSP experience.

On this point, I've said this many times before, but I'll say it again... It's time for ISC2 to stop allowing the CISSP to act as a full waiver for the CCSP experience.

The CCSP has been around for 5 years now, and already has the second most number of certified individuals behind the CISSP having overtaken the SSCP.

Cloud Security as a discipline in its own right is mature enough for this certification to be able to stand on its own two feet, and it is not correct that someone with zero experience of cloud deployments can hold this certification just because they hold the CISSP.