cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AkirS
Viewer II

Passed the SSCP Provisionally?

Hi all,

After taking the SSCP exam today, I received my results as passed provisionally. After reading about this on (ISC)2, I understand this means it is my unofficial result, and that the official result is given after a statistical and psychometric analysis. What are the chances that my unofficial pass will later be officially declared as failed? Does this ever happen?

Thanks.

4 Replies
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

This webpage explains the process: https://www.isc2.org/Exams/After-Your-Exam

ISC2 Community Manager
dcontesti
Community Champion

Congrats

denbesten
Community Champion

@AkirS wrote:

What are the chances that my unofficial pass will later be officially declared as failed?

Primarily, this is a cheating-detection mechanism. If you were honest, ethical and above-board, the odds are extremely low.  If false positives were frequent, I have no doubt the message boards would be full of complaints.

For me, the delay was maybe a day or two.  6-8 week mostly happens after significant updates to the exam.  If you don't get results within a week, call customer care to see if maybe the results got lost in email.  They can't disclose results, but they can resend emails and fix bad addresses.  You might also check your spam folder given that the email, technically, is automated.

Does this ever happen?

(ISC)² does not share much detail surrounding test-analysis (pass rates, cheat rates, average scores, etc.).  But we do know a bit because twice (ISC)² trialed online-exams. In both cases, the program was canceled citing excessive cheating. From this, we learned that cheating does happen, detection is effective, clear cases result in blackballing, and cheaters ruined online testing for the rest of us.

AkirS
Viewer II

Thank you, I believe I understand now after reading this and some other threads on the forums!